User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update: Saw the doc this morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Update: Saw the doc this morning!

Soooooo, I went down to see my doctor today. I left at 7:10 for a 9:50 appointment. Why so early? Well, traffic on the 101 headed SB in the mornings can be awful!!!! I got to the office at 9:00!!! It wasn't pretty. I just hunkered down in the office with my Kindle and waited.
    OK, to sum up: No Rituxan right now. I am not in any life threatening danger so the risks of the meds outweigh any potential benefits. After we talked some more, I understood. I am going to be trying Imuran instead. First, I did some blood work to see if I will tolerate the Imuran. If I can't ... then we look into Cellcept. If those aren't options, well ... then we talk again.
    There could be a number of things happening to me:
    1- side effects from MTX
    2 - Wegener's still being an active pain in the you-know-what
    3 - fibromyalgia
    4 - working too much on top of everything else.

So, doing my part I will be cutting back on the late hours. It's a step in the right direction because I don't notice being tired on my dayshifts, etc. I am also focusing on extra sleep!! I will definitely be focusing on those things. I'll be trying to put myself first.

This is day 2 of The Whole 30 and I am enjoying it because I love all natural foods anyway. I am certain the sugar withdrawals will start soon. I will power through.

I am feeling positive that I will start to feel better. At least, I am trying. I'm so tired and wished that I stayed home. On a brighter note, I didn't take my MTX this week so I am going to have some ibuprofen to get rid of this damn headache!

Hope you are all well!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well all n all that is good news Nikki. If you don't need the rtx why take it. And no more mtx !!! when well they let you know about the imuran or cellcept ?
    And ITS ABOUT TIME you start putting yourself first..I am sure everything that you are going to do combined will make you start to fell better...I hope so.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had good luck with Imuran but had to start with very low dosage and slowly work up to a therapeutic level. That way I had very few bad side effects. I think they were very careful with me since it was the only good option left for me due to kidney and lung damage. I sure hope it helps you too. I think the cut back in hours and getting more rest will also be a big help to you and the diet might also prove beneficial if it does stress you out at all. Best wishes for better health.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like a good well rounded plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds better. Hope you get some relief. More sleep coupled with a healthy diet should help.��
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally, some options.
    I pray you feel better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sure am hoping this helps. I am really hoping that fibromyalgia will NOT be added to my list of afflictions.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's another one to add to the list

I'm glad they are trying something new. Fingers crossed it start working and you start feeling better again.

I agree with Deb, don't take the RTX if you don't need it yet. Leave it in the back pocket for later.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear your appointment went well and you're feeling good about the new treatment plan. I know we have similar issues and my doctor also said that rtx would not be right for me given my disease activity and the inherent risks of using rtx. I haven't had any major side effects from taking mtx but my blood work keeps bouncing around between optimal and worrisome so I'll be trying an injectable mtx again.

Putting your health and well-being first should always come before choosing a stronger and riskier treatment plan. Many ailments (diabetes, hypertension, obesity, etc.) would be avoided or relieved with the basic self care of good sleep, good diet (and staying hydrated), exercise, low stress, etc. It's easier to look for another pill than to address our behaviors sometimes. I know I could definitely work on a better diet, more exercise, and less stress! I hope the Whole 30 works well for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying it is not fibromyalgia, but if so, maybe this will help.
    Vitamin D supplements reduce pain in fibromyalgia sufferers -- ScienceDaily

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast