Wait til tomorrow .
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you outside the US, deflate-gate has provided hours and hours of great comedic entertainment as the coach tries to explain the faux pas. Our late night comedians and just about everyone else for that matter has jumped all over this issue. Go to youtube and search deflate gate and you can get an idea about how much fun they are having.

The url below is part of the coach's explanation and things just started to get more funny and go downhill from there.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWFoRKPaTVU

There's no doubt in my mind that cheating, steroid use, pain pills, etc, etc runs rampant in the NFL. These poor gentlemen just happened to get caught. If the final score had not been so terribly lopsided, it would probably be a more serious issue.

The other thing everyone overseas might see is the seattle seahawks fans with the number 12. Number 12 isn't one of the player numbers. There are only 11 people on a football team and number 12 is all the fans. The use of number 12 has an interesting story, too -- not to mention a lawsuit. (click here) One of the big differences in number 12 now is the that the seahawks took for their and own at the same time took it to a whole new level. Its something that will probably stay in Seatttle -- at least for a while.

BTW, I'm not that big of a fan. I don't really care who wins or loses. I'll be watching the super bowl for the advertisements as much as the game. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Brit it is all a bit frustrating! I have been in Seattle for the past week and had planned to fly to Phoenix on Friday for a meeting on Monday! Guess what - no seats on flights and hotel rooms at 10 times the normal price, if you could get one!

I am now in Houston (our head office) and will fly to Phoenix on Monday night when it has all died down! Back to Houston on Wednesday for another week. Hopefully all this travel will not trigger another flare but with two girls at university I have to keep working hard!
    Diagnosed July 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There he is. New England's favorite Patriot.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not another word.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a great game! I would say it wasn't really won by the Patriots, but rather, was lost by Seattle. If that makes sense? What kind of rookie would do a passing play on 2nd down when you are that close to goal? I'm sure the Seahawks are looking for a new offensive coordinator today. Congrats to all you Patriot fans! :-) Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, vdub. Both teams proved themselves to be great. And both made mistakes. It was not even close to a landslide victory. The clock ran out, and it turned out the way it did. Congrats to the Patriots!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12