Thread: Cytoxan 7 months out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    I wonder if the rtx worked too slowly?
    I have read that R-Chop is successful for lymphoma that rituxan and cyclophosphamide.
    Did she have any ctx?
    She was the wife of a neighbor and I don't know what all treatments she had. I only know that she went to a a major cancer center in Seattle, received the standard treatments, whatever they are, and I think was doing a lot better for awhile and maybe even went into remission. But then it came back and that is probably when they tried the RTX. The neighbor mentioned a newer, very expensive treatment and I assumed it was RTX, and when I asked him, I'm pretty sure he said it sounded right. This was maybe 3 years ago and she died two years ago this month. That's about all I know and don't know the timeframes of her treatments. I don't feel comfortable asking him too many questions. He's taking it well, but it is a huge loss for him, and I don't bring up the subject much.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know at Mayo getting RTX alone for lymphoma cancer was an option. They also offered an enhance form of RTX called Zevalin which added mouse cells loaded with radioactive elements to kill off all the cells the RTX attacked. It was also very effective and even more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    She was the wife of a neighbor and I don't know what all treatments she had. I only know that she went to a a major cancer center in Seattle, received the standard treatments, whatever they are, and I think was doing a lot better for awhile and maybe even went into remission. But then it came back and that is probably when they tried the RTX. The neighbor mentioned a newer, very expensive treatment and I assumed it was RTX, and when I asked him, I'm pretty sure he said it sounded right. This was maybe 3 years ago and she died two years ago this month. That's about all I know and don't know the timeframes of her treatments. I don't feel comfortable asking him too many questions. He's taking it well, but it is a huge loss for him, and I don't bring up the subject much.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12