Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new dr. at Cleveland Clinic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Debra,
    Do you know what your calcium levels are at?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Hi Debra,
    Do you know what your calcium levels are at?
    They are the highest they have ever been..they are at 10.4 but the range is 8.6-10.2 so it isn't bad. I have just never had it high before ,but the dr. said she is going to keep in eye on it. And I saw my kidney dr. last week who is also very experienced with wg and he wasn't concerned and is having me come back in 5 months and having me do a more in depth urine sample next time before I come in. I am sure everything is fine so I am not going to worry about it.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    They are the highest they have ever been..they are at 10.4 but the range is 8.6-10.2 so it isn't bad. I have just never had it high before ,but the dr. said she is going to keep in eye on it. And I saw my kidney dr. last week who is also very experienced with wg and he wasn't concerned and is having me come back in 5 months and having me do a more in depth urine sample next time before I come in. I am sure everything is fine so I am not going to worry about it.
    Did your drs happen to do a parathyroid test?
    They should really be checking for hyperparathyroid.
    Hopefully, it is nothing, but I would have them check further just to be sure.
    I wouldn't wait 5 months.

Here is more info on causes for high calcium
    High Calcium in the Blood: Causes of High Blood Calcium Levels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Did your drs happen to do a parathyroid test?
    They should really be checking for hyperparathyroid.
    Hopefully, it is nothing, but I would have them check further just to be sure.
    I wouldn't wait 5 months.

Here is more info on causes for high calcium
    High Calcium in the Blood: Causes of High Blood Calcium Levels.
    That was a good article .I had a pft test done back in July and Aug of last year and then it was 26 and 32 and that ranges from 15-65. I go get my "monthlys " done again in a couple of weeks, I'll ask if she wants that checked at the same time. Thx for the info. I also checked back on my past Calcium levels and they go up and down ...it has just never been like this so we will see. Its funny when I first got this disease ,every little thing worried me...don't get me wrong, I still worry from month to month ....but I am not gonna let this disease drive me crazy about what might happen. And how weird is it that "monthlys" have a totallay new meaning now.That may go over the guys head..its more of a woman thing !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And how weird is it that "monthlys" have a totallay new meaning now.That may go over the guys head..its more of a woman thing !!!!
    Got it!! LOL
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a good article .I had a pft test done back in July and Aug of last year and then it was 26 and 32 and that ranges from 15-65. I go get my "monthlys " done again in a couple of weeks, I'll ask if she wants that checked at the same time. Thx for the info. I also checked back on my past Calcium levels and they go up and down ...it has just never been like this so we will see. Its funny when I first got this disease ,every little thing worried me...don't get me wrong, I still worry from month to month ....but I am not gonna let this disease drive me crazy about what might happen. And how weird is it that "monthlys" have a totallay new meaning now.That may go over the guys head..its more of a woman thing !!!!
    Hi Debra,
    Your levels are within the range listed on the page, so it is probably nothing to worry about, but it is nice to know what to look for when calcium goes up and the drs say nothing about it.
    We have know what to ask for and know what our blood work means so that we can get proper treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Deb, I live in Pa and my insurance wont cover cleveland clinic but i just got a new ruehmy from hershey and i am now waiting on a call from her. She is friends with dr. Langford and is going to contact her and see what advice she will give for rutuxin for an airway flare...so im happy you like her

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am surprised your ins won't cover CC but they do have financial assistance you might want to check on if you want to go. Yea,Dr. Langford is great. I had to call to get a referral to see another dr. about my osterporsis and I also wanted to ask if I should get the bloodwork to check my thyroid since my calcium was up. She called me back at 7:00 that night said the referral was made on the 16th and she wants to see what my levels are this time before checking other things. So my point is ( finally !!) is that she will work with your dr. and stay on top of things. And if she thinks there is a problem she calls right away. Good luck to you,hope you flare goes away soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I met her and was examined by her a few months ago and I quite agree she is a very nice lady and a wonderful doctor. I was very impressed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12