Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Excited about my new medicine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BookNut View Post
    Thanks Drz. I am on long term antibiotics which might be a contributing factor. And a great reminder about the rinse bottles.
    Probiotics can help with candida overgrowth especially, when taking antibiotics.
    I wonder if that one person who was going for the fecal transplant had any luck?
    They never came back to update.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When it comes to lung problems, scans really don't seem to give the best picture, but I was reading that they are working on an MRI for lung scanning.
    This is something that sounds promising.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh...I have been very negligent with my probiotics. I vow to start them more regularly, beginning tomoorow. I tend to forget them because the effective ones have to be refrigerated! Out of sight out of mind. The MRI idea sounds promising. Thanks again!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh...I have been very negligent with my probiotics. I vow to start them more regularly, beginning tomoorow. I tend to forget them because the effective ones have to be refrigerated! Out of sight out of mind. The MRI idea sounds promising. Thanks again!
    You can also, get many more probiotics than yogurt from Kefir.
    The sell it in the grocery stores somewhere near yogurt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    You can also, get many more probiotics than yogurt from Kefir.
    The sell it in the grocery stores somewhere near yogurt
    I actually take probiotic pills with a probiotic count in the billions. My hippie PCP is adamant about taking them. she has me on a high fat ( good fat), low carb diet to help with inflammation. My cholesterol was not terrible, but the LDL was on the high side and the good cholesterol on the bad side before I started the diet.

I thought she was a bit crazy, but tried it. My bad cholesterol rose slightly, then fell about 10 points, and my triglycerides dropped 30 or 40 points. My good cholesterol rose about 30 points. All this by eating more meat, more eggs, and switching to whole milk, heavy cream, and full fat yogurt. Skim milk has as many as 12 grams of sugar per serving, while heavy cream has less than 1 gram. The only full fat yogurt I can find is Fage...and even that has reduced the fat content somewhat and added sugar to compensate, which is true of pretty much all low fat foods. My doc feels it is sugar, not good fat that is making us all sick.

Anyway...I have seen the Kefir. Will look at the carb counts.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually take probiotic pills with a probiotic count in the billions. My hippie PCP is adamant about taking them. she has me on a high fat ( good fat), low carb diet to help with inflammation. My cholesterol was not terrible, but the LDL was on the high side and the good cholesterol on the bad side before I started the diet.

I thought she was a bit crazy, but tried it. My bad cholesterol rose slightly, then fell about 10 points, and my triglycerides dropped 30 or 40 points. My good cholesterol rose about 30 points. All this by eating more meat, more eggs, and switching to whole milk, heavy cream, and full fat yogurt. Skim milk has as many as 12 grams of sugar per serving, while heavy cream has less than 1 gram. The only full fat yogurt I can find is Fage...and even that has reduced the fat content somewhat and added sugar to compensate, which is true of pretty much all low fat foods. My doc feels it is sugar, not good fat that is making us all sick.

Anyway...I have seen the Kefir. Will look at the carb counts.
    It sounds like you got it all down pat and you have a dr that, obviously, has read the proof on LCHF(Low Carb High Fat) diets.
    Another good probiotic product is organic, grassfed, raw milk colostrum.
    This is the first milk designed for the calf and has all the immunoglobulins necessary to help the calf's immune system function.
    Finding a good quality colostrum is tricky and sometimes you have find a farmer if your state allows.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234