User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: how to edit the pm's space ? (inbox, etc)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default how to edit the pm's space ? (inbox, etc)

Hi andrew, vdub and others.
    it seems that my inbox is full. I can't get new msg or sent any. I saw that there is an option to delete all but I want to save some msg, especially those from my sweet Phil (it is so sweet to see our very first chats), and msg's from Barbara.
    is there a way to delete selcectively ?
    Thanks again andrew & vdub for creating this home for us and sustainning it. sending love to you and all the others.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia,
    You could create a new account with a username of Alysia2 and just use that for future pm's and emails.
    I think you have way too many memories in this account to delete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Alysia. Hope you're not feeling too down today.

If it's the private messages that is now full, you can click on any message, then scroll down and click on "Delete this message" box in the bottom right hand corner.

It will probably take you quite some time to read though them all though.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A quicker way -
    Once you've clicked on your inbox there will be a page of your most recent messages. There is a little box to the right of each message. Just tick the boxes of the ones you want to delete. At the bottom right is a box that states how many messages you have selected, tick this box and pick delete from the options. Click "Proceed" and the unwanted messages are deleted.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, I totally missed your message. Yes, Gilders is right on target! Thanks for posting the info!

I should add that if you want to delete them all, then scroll down to the "Folder Control" box and select "Empty Folder", but that gets rid of all of them.

If you want rid of more than you want to save, then it is easier to click the upper right-hand box and it will "select" all messages, then de-select the ones you want to keep before deleting.
    Last edited by vdub; 01-18-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    Hi andrew, vdub and others.
    it seems that my inbox is full. I can't get new msg or sent any. I saw that there is an option to delete all but I want to save some msg, especially those from my sweet Phil (it is so sweet to see our very first chats), and msg's from Barbara.
    is there a way to delete selcectively ?
    Thanks again andrew & vdub for creating this home for us and sustainning it. sending love to you and all the others.
    I think the safest way to keep these messages would be to cut and paste the text into a word processing program, and save locally on your computer and another removable disk (flash drive, etc.).

Then you could delete all of them had still have all of the old messages on your computer.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much everyone. I did as gilders suggested and it worked. I deleted some and kept the others.
    and I also copyed the precious msg's from my sweet Phil to keep them with me.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.