Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where do people go???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking for me alone, when I start feeling better, I am more active and spending less down time here at home. That relates to less computer use, therefore less time on the forum. I do read almost every new post at least every couple days, just to stay in touch, but don't post much. Many of you say the same tings I would have said, so rather than typing the same thing or "ditto", I choose to move on to the next post.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    Many of you say the same tings I would have said, so rather than typing the same thing or "ditto", I choose to move on to the next post.
    Ditto

Actually, I come on here everyday to clear all of the new posts.
    When Phil passed away, like Alysia, it was just too painful to come on here.
    I ended up with 4 pages of new threads and posts and was just so overwhelmed with getting through them, that it took me forever.
    I always made sure that I read them all of the time to clear them, so this became too much.
    It is now back under control and that's why I'm here - I hate trying to catch up with everyone.

Alysia, just remember - we are here for you and with you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guilty as charged here a bit I think that people are more active when they are scared or feeling bad. Once they start to feel better people tend to get on with life.

Another component for me is similar to what Alysia said. When we lose a member I find it hard to come for a while it feels emptier without that voice.
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, too, miss Phil's presence here very much, and the others who have passed on since I joined, Jack, Al, Lightwarrior, Barbara..... The new people coming in all the time are a welcome breath of fresh air and it is sad to think that those who have passed will never know them. Then there are those like Sangye, who was so active in the past, and is still around, but life changes and people become involved in other concerns. We can learn a lot by looking in the archives for her posts and those of the others mentioned.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still about too but I like lurking in the shadows.

When I've been away a while I get a bit shy because there are so many new members on here its hard to keep track!

It is also a bit hard to talk about being in remission as people that are still struggling don't always want to hear how well you are doing. Or you simply run out of things to talk about.

I have also found groups on facebook which help and especially the VUK page as its Vascies from the UK. I also have a good majority of Weggies as friends on facebook and over time this becomes my preferred method of staying in touch.
    "I believe that I have seen a negative attitude kill people, but I don't think that a positive one will cure you. However, I know that it Helps". Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YOU?? SHY??? Hmmm, looking around room, I don't remember her...LOL! Keep on keepin on m'lady!!!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it is hard to keep up with the new members and do the best I can, but am trying not to feel like I have to catch everything that comes along. I also am involved in Facebook groups, here in the US, and they are another great way to be in touch with the WG world or those with other kinds of vasculitis. I just go there when I'm notified that someone has posted, and can always just "like" and not reply, as on here. It is a little slower paced than the forum, though long discussions can still happen, and a good way to meet fellow Weggies in my area or elsewhere and hear about local or regional docs and treatment centers or vascie get-togethers.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on here much at all lately, although I miss it and everyone on here! I am still struggling with symptoms and appointments and managing kids and home, and find I'm wanting to 'check out' and watch mindless drivel or scroll through FB during my rest times. Phil's passing also made it hard for me to be here. �� I was in shock for a while and communicating with Alysia and a few of you I'm connected with on FB but going to the forum less frequently. Now I feel like I've missed so much it's become a 'project' to plow through it all, but I'll probably try to gradually catch up. I haven't forgotten you all! I guess I just haven't had the energy to be very involved.
    Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, she became a butterfly.
    - English proverb.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's OK, Lisa. I think a lot of us need breaks from here from time to time, or periods of less involvement. I think you will jump back in a little more actively when you are ready. Dealing with your health as well as raising a family and managing a home would not leave a lot of time and energy for other things! I hope that your symptoms and energy level will improve soon. I was just thinking, I don't remember whether you were ever actually diagnosed with WG and hope you are not still dealing with that uncertainty.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know I have not been as vocal as earliier in my Wegss journey but do read and "like" some reads.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast