Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melbourne Wegners Experts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sangye, do you think I should get physiotherapy for my feet? I think I get 6 or 12 treatments per year and just pay some extra fees thru BC medical plan, if it would benefit me maybe I should go. I also go some times for a massage, but I stopped saying I am on chemo because some won't do the massage. Is there a counterindication for a massage due to the granulomas?
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jolanta, have you tried B vitamin supplements? B vitamins in general support nerve health--both physical nerves and emotional nerves. You don't need megadoses of B. Get a decent health food store brand, though. Ideally you should get your supplements from a holistic physician who 1) has access to high quality supplements and 2) can determine your individual needs.

B vitamins are water-soluble, so you need to replenish them daily. If you sweat a lot (exercise, pred sweats, etc...), have diarrhea, or have poor absorption you lose B at a faster rate. Unless you're taking supplements under the guidance of a holistic physician, don't take B vitamins in isolation (ie, don't just take B6). Get a B-complex.

Chemo does not detox itself via sweating, bowel movements, etc.... As long as you're still on any meds, it isn't safe to do the necessary detoxes to remove this residual chemo, because detoxing removes all drugs from your body--even the ones you need!

Massage can release deadly or damaging amounts of old chemo into your bloodstream. Just inform them that you've been on chemo and are unable to detox it. A licensed massage therapist will know how to treat you safely. VERY light massage is usually okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx Sangye, I am taking B6/B12/Folic acid since being anemic last year. When getting a massage (oh one every 6 months) I get a relaxing one so no hard stuff.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so definitely get a B-complex. When you take B vitamins in isolation, it throws all of them out of balance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12