Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vertigo Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James, I just moved to Kannapolis, NC in July. Hello neighbor. I was diagnosed with Wegners back around 1980 and have gone through various health-related issues since that time. About a year ago the vertigo started. After lots of research I discovered that it was one of the bad side effects of one of my meds, Imdur. Once I persuaded the docs to take me off the Imdur, the dizziness has been much better (plus, thankfully, I have people praying for me). Within the last 6 months the "sounds" in my head include music that I hear 24/7. It's mostly old time hymns, patriotic music, Christmas carols. For the most part, I'm learning to tolerate it. I sympathize with you and wish you well. NEVER give up! Keep fighting! Every breath is worth the effort. God Bless you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sherry, welcome to the forum! I'm not familiar with Imdur, but maybe it's a brand name for a med I've heard of. Will look it up. Anyway, I'm glad the dizziness and vertigo are better, though sorry if they are not gone. I've been lucky enough not to have any vertigo for awhile and think it was because of some stuff going on in one ear that has resolved itself in some ways. I just know that vertigo is a pretty common phenomenon with a variety of causes, and even ENTs are not always that great at saying what is causing it in any particular case. That music in your head, though, is pretty weird, and I don't know which is worse, but I guess I'd have to take the music over the vertigo! It is bizarre, though. Aside from all that, you have had WG a lot longer than most of us, so you are a veteran, and I'm sure we can learn a lot from you!

James, I hope you are doing better since we last heard from you! Let us know, if you can.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sherry B,
    Welcome.
    I recently saw a video on a new treatment for tinnitus. It involves some device that compensates for the hearing loss that is causing the brain to generate the illusion of sound. The device, as I remember, shifts frequencies that cause different parts of the brain to get used and disrupts the constant message from the ear.
    I'll try to find the info on that. I want to talk to my hearing doc about it since I have tinnitus.
    I had vertigo briefly so I very much sympathize with that condition. It is not fun. Mine went away as mysteriously as it began. I suspect a viral infection contributed but I really have no idea.

So your music thing got me to wondering if there might be a simular solution. I found this interesting article:
    Tinnitus: Can't get a tune out of your head? Tina had that for 30 YEARS... only to discover that the cure is surprisingly simple | Daily Mail Online

Of course I have no idea of the veracity of this article but it sounds easy enough to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=me2;96536]Hi Sherry B,
    Welcome.
    I recently saw a video on a new treatment for tinnitus. It involves some device that compensates for the hearing loss that is causing the brain to generate the illusion of sound. The device, as I remember, shifts frequencies that cause different parts of the brain to get used and disrupts the constant message from the ear.
    I'll try to find the info on that. I want to talk to my hearing doc about it since I have tinnitus.
    I had vertigo briefly so I very much sympathize with that condition. It is not fun. Mine went away as mysteriously as it began. I suspect a viral infection contributed but I really have no idea.

So your music thing got me to wondering if there might be a simular solution. I found this interesting article:
    Tinnitus: Can't get a tune out of your head? Tina had that for 30 YEARS... only to discover that the cure is surprisingly simple | Daily Mail Online

Of course I have no idea of the veracity of this article but it sounds easy enough to try.[/QUOTE

me2,

I read the article you put a link to and it is very interesting. I don't have the music just the ringing, let us know what you find out from your ENT as it sounds like some real help out there.

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Sherry and welcome to the forum.

I think I would prefer to music to the constant ringing/buzzing in the ears.

I sure would love to hear about your WG journey over the last 35 years.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Sherry !

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry B View Post
    James, I just moved to Kannapolis, NC in July. Hello neighbor. I was diagnosed with Wegners back around 1980 and have gone through various health-related issues since that time. About a year ago the vertigo started. After lots of research I discovered that it was one of the bad side effects of one of my meds, Imdur. Once I persuaded the docs to take me off the Imdur, the dizziness has been much better (plus, thankfully, I have people praying for me). Within the last 6 months the "sounds" in my head include music that I hear 24/7. It's mostly old time hymns, patriotic music, Christmas carols. For the most part, I'm learning to tolerate it. I sympathize with you and wish you well. NEVER give up! Keep fighting! Every breath is worth the effort. God Bless you!

Hey Sherry,
    Glad to know I have someone close to talk to now. We should get together soon. I have been really sick lately so I may not reply for some time.

James

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123