I went to a new years eve party last night. I think the timing of me finding this forum was just perfect. I came home and cried my eyes out. I felt so isolated. Because of the flare im currently having and being on pred i actually ventured to talk about my wegeners. Very rare for me. I just didnt realize how "normal" ppl think i am. So the responses were just completely dead ended. No questions. No nothing. Stare and change of subject. My year was very hard. Of the years ive been sick the longest stretch of just plain hard. So i mention that and ppl are like "so what was so bad about it" umm......you all know the feeling im sure. So i told my husband i guess if i want ppl to understand me i have to act more sick. I never have. Ive always tried to keep up with my peers. You know...do everything anyone else does. If my friends plan a ski trip and invite us, well lets go! (didnt turn out too good) I have 2 kids and my group of friends are moms with young kids. So ive tried to be normal you know.BUT I AM NOT!!!!! I honestly think ive denied it. I think i'd do well to acknowledge my sickness, and live within its means. Stop pretending and maybe in the long run be further ahead. I also must realize that my current 40mg of pred is effecting my emotions. So just maybe this post is pointless. I dont know. Maybe someone will read it and put it back into perspective for me. I know i cant be alone in this. Not anymore