You're most definitely not alone. We have all had some experience with people's reactions to our disease, and the myriad of emotions that comes along with it. Prednisone makes us all over the place and on top of that, the disease limitations in of itself can make us depressed and emotional. I've been off prednisone for a long time and I find myself all over the place emotions wise. Things upset me much more than they did before. Depression hits pretty darn hard all the time. My doctor recommended I take an anti-depressant given everything that I was going through but I didn't like it. I'd rather feel honestly. As a writer, that's what I need!

People will never understand our disease unless they take an interest in it. I have had a few friends who sat down and researched my disease so that they could be more understanding of what is wrong with me. The most touching gift I received this Christmas was a friend bought me a bunch of scented hand sanitizers and a little holder for them because she knew I hated regular sanitizer and knows my medication makes me attractive to germs. My own husband seemed mildly clueless until his aunt made him realize things were more serious than he was taking it. My condition itself isn't that advanced but now he's hellbent on making sure I don't get worse.

You're with us. We are all together. We are in this together. Come here and vent away!!!!