Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. Peter Merkel Philadelphia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dr. Peter Merkel Philadelphia

Dr Merkel is the man! I called to make my first appointment with him on a Wed or Thurs and he called me back that SUNDAY and saw me Wed. It's a 3 hr trip from the metro NYC area but well worth the trip. Going to see him this coming Wed. Penn med is super easy with a reasonable $ garage right in the building

2. Likes annekat, Aneinu, Masha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HSD View Post
    Dr Merkel is the man! I called to make my first appointment with him on a Wed or Thurs and he called me back that SUNDAY and saw me Wed. It's a 3 hr trip from the metro NYC area but well worth the trip. Going to see him this coming Wed. Penn med is super easy with a reasonable $ garage right in the building
    You might bump into my son there. He's on his way there as well. Lots of joint pains.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

4. Likes HSD, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a 9:30AM appointment left my house in CT about 4:30 AM. I made good time even pulled in to a WAWA and killed a hour. I've learned my lesson over the years with doctors and make early appointments. That way I don't wind up waiting long past my appointment time because they always run late as the day goes on.

6. Likes Aneinu, Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HSD View Post
    I had a 9:30AM appointment left my house in CT about 4:30 AM. I made good time even pulled in to a WAWA and killed a hour. I've learned my lesson over the years with doctors and make early appointments. That way I don't wind up waiting long past my appointment time because they always run late as the day goes on.
    How did it go?

My son, who now has gpa for four years, had blood in his urine, rashes - they took a biopsy, joint pain - they took a chest scan. Dr is thinking of raising preds from 10 to 40 and doubling his dose of the trial drug Avacopan. He is on cellcept as well. Poor kid. Decent spirits though.

Our prayers are with all.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

8. Likes Alysia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im 6 months in to GPA, started off with bilateral embellishes in my lungs than extreme muscle pain all over my body and attaching my kidneys. First relief I got was from 30mg of prednisone daily than off to the hospital for 4 days and 4 days of Rib. IV's not sure of the dose. Just had my 6 month top off IV at the beginning of Oct. Im down to 5mg of prednisone daily after a long slow taper off. I think your sons in good hands with Dr Merkel, he stays on top of my local Rumy and guides her in my treatment.

10. Likes Aneinu, Alysia, annekat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here he is giving a wide overview of research in Vasculitis. https://youtu.be/VjRUvcJIr34
    Best wishes,
    Tom
    ----------------------------------
    2 years untreated. Dx w/ biopsy - 2000
    Tx Plan:

NUTRITION
    RESTORATIVE SLEEP
    RAISE ANABOLISM
    REDUCE ALL INT / EXT STRESSORS

12. Likes Aneinu liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12