Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Really need to vent!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Really need to vent!!!

Ok...so we all have our moments right? I feel like throwing things right now. I started with bronchitis at thanksgiving,did a round of anti-biotics. Went from that to my sinuses. Over the wknd lost my voice and feel like im breathing thru a sock. I have a tracheal stenosis...they didnt find it til almost a year after my symptoms started and it left alot of scar tissue. they were not able to baloon it and instead just removed some scar tissue thru surgery. that was in april 2012. I havnt had issues since. called my dr and they want to see me..xcept my regular ent is on vacation...i am between ruematologists and have not met my new one yet....i have children to take care of and my mom is on vacation too...AND ppl just dont understand. "Drink tea with honey it will make ur throat feel better!" REALLY?!?!?! Im usually ok with this stupid disease but some days i just want to curse it to be honest! IM really only venting. it will be ok. Just need to vent...get it OUT !!!! Never had this option til i found u guys i will try not to abuse it. Thankyou for listening!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good vent!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

ozterry Guest

Yep, get it out! It is a very frustrating disease and venting is definitely needed. I had advice from a Chinese friend: "You need to try and reduce your medications, you are taking too many tablets" Bloody hell, we know this already.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. Laughing and crying at the same time now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laugh, cry, vent and let it go girl!! We all need a place to do this--even when our family is there for us.

I have a guy at work that has been trying to "cure me" with supplements and "systemic enzymes" since my diagnosis! ARRGH!!! I just stopped hanging around that guy,and my life is better because of it.

There is a Celtic Woman song, "Caledonia" that has a line, "...lost the friends that I needed losing, found others on the way..." I've done that since being diagnosed!! (-8 (Video Link Here)
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all...went to the dr today and was put on 40 mg of pred to calm my angry stenosis. yay !!!! (sarcasm) but at least i can feel better. My doc laughingly took my husband aside and told him when he gets home to pack a bag to keep in the car for when i have my pred rage...i wish it could feel that funny when its happening but again i need to be thankful it can help me breath and get my voice back. To bed i go...to try and sleep and when i cant because of the pred i will think about how blessed i am to have you all as friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a good one!