Thread: Living in Florida?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Living in Florida?

Hi all,
    I will be moving to Florida in June and am hoping there are some of our Weggie "family" there so I will know someone! Anyone living there??
    Thanks!
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,

I live in Naples in the winter months. Where will you be living?

Jakekell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jakekell,
    I'm looking around Tampa...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tampa isn't real far 2 to 2 1/2 hours. I don't know much about Tampa, but Naples has a lot of good medical care. I do go to Dr. Ville-Forte at Cleveland Clinic as I am in Michigan as my home base. The docs I have gone to here are quick to get you to the right people so that is good. I know some people have had to go on disability are you still working?
    I saw your friend request and if I did it right I accepted it, not always great at works of this site in fact right now can't remember how to start a new thread lol!

I think there is another woman that has wegs around Orlando. I have never met anyone else with this disease have you?

Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Tampa! I went to school at USF. It's a great city with a lot to do and you're just a little drive over to the beaches. I know a rheumatologist, Dr. Lin, is at USF now after doing his fellowship at Cleveland Clinic. One of my friends I made through the facebook group has seen him and had good things to say about him. I think they're working on having a vasculitis clinic at USF... I know it will take a while to organize that though. If you do move to Tampa I can ask her for the names of some of her doctors and if she would recommend them. I can give you names of ones to stay away from too.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANK YOU Rebekah! I would SO appreciate that!

Mary- no, I had never even heard of Wegener's before my diagnosis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me either, it has been 9 years this month since I was told I had it. CC thinks I could have had it since the late 20's or early 30's, however the familiar story nobody took my symptoms seriously until I turned 60. I went totally deaf, etc. and looked like death warmed over. I think going deaf got there attention finally got some action and my hearing back with some damage. I am overall doing pretty good with the usual ups/downs we all have with wegs. I found this site last year and has help me so much with everyone having so much experience with wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am in Lansing Mi ..if you get this way..... You can meet another weggie in person!!! You are inspiring as you seem to be living a pretty good life!!Yours Susie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Susie, I am doing pretty well and so grateful for it. I was really glad to retire 3 years ago as that took a lot of stress off my plate even though my boss was great to me. I would love to meet another weggie and will try to. We go through Lansing area to our daughter's home in Troy-Rochester area when back in MI, I wonder if there are many of us in MI with wegs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meeting with other weggies is awesome and I can recommend it to everyone.

I have met probably 15 other weggies (including Inge) in the past 12 months and it is just like we have been friends or family, forever.

I hope that you and Susie and others get to catch up for a cuppa and a chat soon
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast