Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive Sweating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Excessive Sweating

Anybody else have trouble with excessive sweating?

My head and hair wet continually with sweat. I do understand that it is a minor problem but it looks and feels terrible. Washing my hair daily. Hair slightly thinning and not looking healthy but i still do have hair so probably shouldnt complain at all.

Taking the time to smell the roses .......

Angela.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is called Prednisone. I am back on Pred and am experiencing the sweats again.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with Dale on this one. When I'm off the pred, I don't sweat much, but on it, my pores are like a faucet.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Angela, Yes, sweating from pred You remind me much of myself- apologizing for the little things Just want to tell you that on here you do not need to feel bad for "complaining" . We ALL get it. And just because something is not as bad as it could be-its still bothersome to the person going thru it...so "complain on" And welcome !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding your thinning hair, you may want to talk to your doctor about adding folic acid to your regimen. Hair loss is a side effect of methotrexate and some other immunosuppressants.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And whats with my face lol. I look in the mirror and don't recognise myself. Probably the prednisone again !!
    My face is now rounder fuller swollen. I did have high cheek bones and hollows. Not any more. Lol. And my dr said i am getting acne. Doesnt seem to be like when you are a teenager......such a life time ago. But more sort of just a very lumpy face. Sorry not a pretty picture. Lol

But i would rather all that than the alternative. So i have to be thankful that i was diagnosed at all and received treatment very quickly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's mostly the pred, including the acne...docs called it pred acne...original, huh?! Hang tough, frequently the treatments are more disruptive than the disease itself! LOL!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, pred face is not pretty... at least you have high cheekbones under all that; I don't, and my face just becomes a big blob! My pred face is pretty much gone now, and yours will be, too, someday!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I am able to go out I try to look as good as I can, with hair done, make-up on and clothes that fit right. It is very hard to get thru that process without sweating so much that you need a shower again, it really sucks. I know it is the peds but when you are in public and it happens that is really humiliating. I feel for you and hope things improve for you soon.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the sweats even without pred, esp at night. Hope your symptoms settle down soon, stay strong X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast