Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excessive Sweating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    And whats with my face lol. I look in the mirror and don't recognise myself. Probably the prednisone again !!
    ABSOLUTELY!!

I about put a sales rep into a standing coma this November. When I saw her in June, I was in full "Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man" mode with the pred puffiness, and weighed about 30 pounds more! She walked into my office, froze and said, "WOW! YOU LOOK GOOD!!" Made my day to have a someone, nonetheless a very attractive woman, stop dead in her tracks and say that to me! (-8 And, yes, I told my wife all about it. She's met her at the trade-shows.

So, the good news is you might get to go shopping for some new clothes. The better news is that hopefully, it will be temporary like mine was. I'm still taking off some of the pred weight gain--currently about 35 pounds since Sept 1.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Angela, I sweat terribly though I'm not on any steroids right now. I can be outside in the cold with just a T Shirt and sweat with the least bit of exertion. The Drs. can't tell me why. My blood work besides the ANCA are usually normal other than a low hemoglobin count. Sometimes I sweat to the point that my shirt soakad ed and will actually be dripping on the floor. I've tried Clinical strength Deodorant which helps some. I'm a part time EMT so you can imagine what it's like on a stressful call. I wish I had answers but I know the Wegs. effects people differently. I have a Sister and Brother-in-Law with late stage Cancer so I guess this is minor. Right now I some Upper Respitory going on hope it's a bug and not a flare. Keep the chin up there are good people in this forum that understand each other.
    Best of Luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angela,

It's funny you mention sweating - especially from your head. I started on prednisone over a year ago, and I sweat terribly - with just any kind of activity. And usually only from my head! To the point it's dripping off my hair.

I agree that things could be worse, but it's SO embarrassing. I think most people aren't bothered by it, but it's terrible when I walk into a meeting after rushing to get there, and I sit and sweat. Or when I do a presentation. Or just walk around the office. Or running to class (I go to school part time). It's stupid. And I'm down to 9mg pred.

Anyway, hang in there. The alternative is being really sick and I try to keep that firmly in my mind.

Jen
    "You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

http://www.sensinganenemy.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12