User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What happens when you forget your meds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What happens when you forget your meds?

Hello all, we hope you had safe and peaceful holiday. You all our in our thoughts even when we don't post much!
    I am curious about experiences with missing your meds for one day. Colin has done it a few times and been ill both times one or two days later. It could be coincidence.
    Allison
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which meds?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What specific drugs and dosages were missed? It kind of depends on the half-life of the drug and what its being used for. For me, specifically, I can miss or even overdose and there is an effect, but its not real heinous unless I miss multiple times in a row, which is unlikely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imuran and antibiotics - I should have said this in the first thread!
    - You can judge the character of a person by how they treat those who can do nothing for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never know how someone will react to medication. However, I don't think the antibiotic would cause a negative reaction that far after missing a dose. Missing just one dose of antibiotic from a series of the drug souldn't have a huge negative effect. Imuran has a pretty short half-life, so I don't think missing a dose of it would have a sudden negative impact that long after missing the dose, but this does sound like an excellent question for your doctor. Given the info we have, it would be very difficult to tell. Only your doctor has the complete picture and can make that judgement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes 1-2 weeks for immune suppressants to be out of the body from what I have read in the literature and with experience with my mom.
    My mom had to abruptly stop both imuran and mofetil at different times, of course, and it took a few days for her to get muscle cramps from stopping.
    They are steroid sparring.
    If you had an organ transplant, you could lose the graft if missing a dose.