Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doctors - Sydney, Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the doctor's surgeries and hospitals here have anti bacterial gel dispensers at every doorway which you are encouraged to use. Is this the same everywhere?

Doug Guest

Yes, same here. In fact, care centers for the elderly, the place I used to work, and other public places often times have these dispensers. When available, I use them! Another thing that's nice are electonically opening doors, so there's no physical contact with a handle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went in a bank that had two giant bottles of it--one at the Information Desk and one by the tellers. Each bottle was 2 liters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I carry anti-bacterial gel in my bag... along with everything else except the kitchen sink...lol Its good to have it on hand (we don't have dispensers in my part of australia ) its a great idea though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two HUGE bottles of sanitizer by my desk and customer area. I know I appreciate when businesses have a bottle close by. Money is the diritest thing! Can you imagine all the hands that have touched that stuff.

I have become a freak for cleanliness. Almost obsessive!
    LIsa

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well yesterday I topped myself. I went to the public library. It was pretty packed and I tried not to stay for long. The books I got were fairly new titles, so had been checked out and handled a lot recently. When I got in the car, I cleaned their plastic covers with an antibacterial wipe. That was a first for me, but it seemed logical.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very logical. I would have done the same thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Katwoman: Have sent you a PM with the contact details of a WG Doc in Newcastle.

Anyone else needing the contact details for this WG Doc in Newcastle, NSW, Australia can PM me or contact me via email.

Cheers
    Forum Administrator
    Diagnosed March 2003.
    Currently but not permanetly residing in Canberra, Australia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ENT Visit

I went and saw my ENT today, who by the way who is wonderful and never charges me for a consultation he always puts it all on Medicare, last time I went he said its not your fault you have this god awful disease, he has been amazing and really understanding. Sadly, he was super-impressed by what he was able to clean out of the nasal passages (yes its rather disgusting, what a career to pick - no pun intended ) and said as far as he was concerned by what he can see in my nasal area its definitely active (although I have other symptoms presume that is the marker for him).......it was nice to be able to breathe out of it, even it was only for a couple of hours.

Anywhoo I'm rambling, he asked if I had an appointment to see my local rheumy and I mentioned I had got a referral to an immunologist - he doesn't seem to think its worthwhile the trip and said because I'm already diagnosed he will just put me on treatment rheumy would and refer me back to local rheumy - just wondering what anyone else thoughts is on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nasal crusting has always been my indicator of active Wegener's. Saline flushing will keep it reasonably clear to relieve symptoms (you should not remove the deposits dry, it just causes more damage), but it has always taken heavy duty medication to put a stop to it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast