User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 year old son just diagnosed

ozterry Guest

Hi again,

Don't worry, they will give him a slow intravenous feed to stun everything, then they will work out medication issues. He will be OK now, as he will get the proper treatment. Enjoy your Christmas, it is already Christmas morning here, so Merry Christmas

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CadensMom, I suspect it's good to have a doctor on your side who's a bit frantic - at least you know your son's situation is being taken VERY seriously, and that they will be doing everything possible, ASAP. Best wishes, prayers and hugs in the days ahead -

Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you found us even though I wish you hadn't had a need to. Caden sounds like a brave young man who can get through this. Good advice has already been given as to what drugs might be used, so we will have to wait and see. Cytoxan worked great for me to clear up my lungs, and I might have gotten by with something milder like MTX because my involvement was not as serious as Caden's. Also, I am 62 years old, and the protocols for children might be different. I trust that the rheumatologist will make the right decision, but please keep us posted, as we are pretty good at spotting rheumies who are lacking in WG experience. Thank goodness for Dr. DeAngulo. Best of luck next week with getting started on a treatment plan.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for your torment at this time, it is far worst to have a sick child than to be sick yourself. It sounds as though you have found a Dr who is switched on to what will be required to get this under control and allow Caden to live a normal life like all boys should. Good Luck with the treatment plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12