Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Conference

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did go to the symposium in Philadelphia in 2013. It starts on Friday around noon and goes until Sunday around noon. There is a general welcome and presentation for the whole group with various speakers and then there are breakout sessions you can choose related to your individual needs or type of vasculitis. At the top of the forum are notes Rebekah took and posted from the forum in Philadelphia.

Here is a link to the event with the schedule-International Vasculitis Symposium ? Jacksonville, Florida, June 19-21, 2015

In my opinion it is well worth the time and cost. The information from the DR's that present is great but just as important is the interaction with other's who have the same diagnosis and are dealing with the same issues that we do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blu4runner View Post
    In my opinion it is well worth the time and cost. The information from the DR's that present is great but just as important is the interaction with other's who have the same diagnosis and are dealing with the same issues that we do.
    That is EXACTLY why my wife and I are going!! (-8 Plus, I'm going to be in Orlando on business, so it's only a 2 hour drive from there.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Victor explained the symposium pretty well. It is definitely worth going to! I learned so much at the symposium and made so many friends! Interacting with others that understand what all of us go through everyday was invaluable.

Anne (and for others that can't make it), I'll take notes and post them here like I did last time. I'll try to be more concise and not ramble so much... I just looked at my post from the 2013 symposium and oh my gosh... I blame the pred.
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And yes, we should all plan a night to go out! I'm not too familiar with the area, but my best friend is from there so I'll ask her for recommendations!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Anne (and for others that can't make it), I'll take notes and post them here like I did last time. I'll try to be more concise and not ramble so much... I just looked at my post from the 2013 symposium and oh my gosh... I blame the pred.
    That would be very generous of you, Rebekah, and helpful, too! Plus, I hope you all will take lots of pics and share them!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally random question, but I'm trying to plan the trip... is anyone going from Orlando or south Florida area that will pass through Orlando? I really want to visit my best friend for a few days after the symposium, but renting a car is so expensive (and I really don't want to drive the 2 hours by myself). I'd make great company and would totally pay for gas, lunch, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Orlando now but I will be leaving on the 21st to go back home so I won't be able to attend it this year.I was planning on it but my friend has alot of time off work and in June its her busy time. The VF is having another webinar in May,I got an email from them,so I will post the day and time when I read it again in case anyone is interested.Sorry I won't be her to meet everyone coming and I would have shared a ride with you Rebekah cuz the rentals are expensive and by the way....You did a great job note taking last year
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really wanted to go to this and was planning on it, but I had a relapse in March, meaning vacation time and finances are tighter than expected.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your recaps! thank you in advance to those who plan to write them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rebekah View Post
    Totally random question, but I'm trying to plan the trip... is anyone going from Orlando or south Florida area that will pass through Orlando? I really want to visit my best friend for a few days after the symposium, but renting a car is so expensive (and I really don't want to drive the 2 hours by myself). I'd make great company and would totally pay for gas, lunch, etc.
    where are you starting from?
    Experience is the only way to survive. <3 Rini Orange

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123