Likes Likes:  0

Thread: imuran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry imuran

Took first dose of imuran today I sure hope this works. I went to grocery store and saw all the other people older then me happy laughing buying stuff etc. I felt like I was on last legs came home and went to bed for 3 hours. So so tired of being tired and everything an effort. I wonder if u ever know when this disease is in remission. I hate being like this

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there Keegan, it does get better, but it takes a little while for you body to adjust to the imuran, I have been on imuran for 18 months, and I still have days where I feel tired. as for the remission part, its a bit like, how long is a piece of string? you never know, I thought I was in remission, my blood work was clear for over 12 months, started to taper my imuran, blood work started to change, had to increase my imuran, back to my normal dose plus another 50mg, 4 months later my blood is finally starting to get back to where it was. It is hard sometimes to keep taking this medication, and yes we all get a little tired, but keep going, it will get better.

Regards Woz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure what your dose is but i found when i went from 50 to 100 mg a day i had to start taking it at bedtime and that REALLY helps. Good luck