Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, everyone! Newbie here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and Thank you! Can't ignore it, right?! I was so mad at my immune system, but one day I was sitting on my yoga mat stretching and staring at my skin, I found a few new moles, and then just thought: "oh! thanks to my immune system for the protection it has done and still does for me". I was astonished, long time in a while I actually finally appreciated how much good my immune system has done...While still I get frustrated and scared, I'm fully willing to work it out and help myself and others! You just reminded me of : “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection”...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Julia. I have been busy or would have welcomed you sooner. I'm glad you are using the forum to rant and go into lots of detail about your case. That is one of its functions. Also, to make you feel a lot less alone with your WG. It's amazing how different everyone's story can be. Coughing up purple balls! I haven't heard that one before. I can't add much to the responses people have given. But I will say that your theory of cement dust and silica exposure is definitely a plausible one. I make pottery, so also have the silica exposure issue. But there are so many possible causes and triggers for WG, and there are other things in my background that could have contributed, that I will never really know for sure why I ended up with it, or if maybe it was triggered by the combination of more than one thing. Anyway, I hope you will keep posting and keep us updated on your progress. And don't get too worried about it all; your treatment began pretty soon after your initial involvement, which improves your chances of getting it under control without a lot of tissue or organ damage. You have a good doctor and are in good hands. Best of everything to you in continuing with the things that you want to do in life.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello and thank you! Haha, yes, those balls, even my doctors had no idea what they were (3 little ones under my mid finger and the rest being coughed up). Weg rash looks completely different, so my case gave them an opportunity to take a bunch of pictures and educate dozens of med students too. As I mentioned, skin biopsy of one of the purpletons (actual granuloma) was made it possible to avoid the lung biopsy and to diagnose me instead! I too, think there are many factors that can easily make contributions, we tend to be curious about what could it be, who knows, one day the mystery may be resolved
    Last edited by Ailish; 12-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12