Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New symptom sore throat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New symptom sore throat

Just wonder if any of you have had this symptom before. I have had a sore throat/swollen throat off and on for months which I have told my doctor about and he just sort of let it go.... just more or less some discomfort until this week....Then this week... I have had the sore throat from H***, Can't sleep it feels so swollen and very hard to swallow. Then this morning I called my doctor to get in to see him...but as I am waiting to go to dr.... I have been coughing up mucus with blood. As for fever I don't have one. Well off to doctor... will check back later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I hope your doctor visit made things more clear for you, as it could be anything. As for sore throat and wegener's, I had this symptom when I got diagnosed back in 2012, it was swollen and red and I did cough up mucus for about two weeks, but the cough was getting deeper and i couldn't stop it. I ended up coughing up some purple-red balls (granulomas) afterwards, along with some blood, this made my doctors think, at first, that I had TB. Long story short, it wasn't TB, but a weg symptom.
    Get well soon and feel better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had soar throat at times before diagnosis and treatments. Always thought it was from nasal drip - and it probably was - but the nasal drip was from WG and not allergies as I thought was the cause.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to the doctor my GP and he said I have the flu... well every time I go to him he seems to think I have the flu... I am in my sixties... and I think I know when I feel like I have the flu. I don't have it... he said the flu really bad in my area right now and that I should wear a mask for the next two weeks if I have to go out and about because of the meds I am on. This doctor is very new to me so I need to give him some time to get to know me before I judge him. He said that my throat looked very nasty and he did a strep test but I was negative for it. He said that he was going to treat me for it any ways. If my temp goes up to 101 to call his office and he will call in tamiflu but what if I don't have the flu. At least I won't have to go into his office again if I do come down with the flu. I have a low grade temp 99.4. He said my ears are full of fluid and wanted to know if I was having nose bleeds which I don't have. I told him my sinus are painful. Well I have another appointment on Monday with my Rheumalogist and will see what she thinks about all this stuff that has been going on for the last 6 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hear you are going through this...And I hope you will get the treatment that will help with the symptoms you are having.

In the spring of 2013 I had developed what seemed to me a simple cold, just congestion, some fever, and cough...but it kept coming back, until after 1.5 months it turned into a mad sinusitis...The doctors that treated me, the ones who actually diagnosed me with wegener's, believed that it was some virus and kept giving me all the meds to treat whatever was in their minds, but not wegener's...I kept waking up at night due to my face hurting, unable to breathe...
    I managed till July, the rest of the symptoms poured in and I ended up in the ER...I heard one of my fav doctors saying :" She is flaring and she is not faking it" That was painful to hear because I was never faking anything, they didnt believe I was flaring for the past 4 months and treated me for various kinds of "exotic" illnesses BUT wegener's...this was my first flare, I always tell my doctors to consider my condition as well as the possibility of infections, not infections alone.

Best wishes to you,
    Good luck with your rheumatologist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i experience this often, it could be sores in your throat although mine is often from esophageal thrust. this may sound silly bit it is very dry this time of the year so perhaps try a humidifier in your room

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get a sore throat frequently, but then I've had issues with strep long before Dx's of GPA. Yes, I bring up mucus and a bit of blood which I've learned is coming from the craters in my tonsils. They fill up with food particles causing inflammation of my tonsils. When the pieces come out I get a little blood. I'm too old to have tonsils removed, so it's something that I've just grow accustomed to. I also get irritation from PND. I would definitely see your ENT to rule out any Wegs related problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ailish - I am truly that shocked that doctors, knowing your diagnosis, would allow your supposed "cold" and "sinusitis" to go on for months and months. Those were exactly some of the symptoms I had which led to my recent diagnosis. I would think their FIRST thought should be the GPA, not their last thought. So worrying...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are coughing up blood, don't bother with a gp that doesn't know about wegs.
    Go see a rheumy or ENT that understand and knows weg's symptoms.
    If lungs are involved and you are in a flare, you need to treatment.
    From all the reading I have done regarding weg's, the worst is with the lungs and even the big gun drugs take time to work.
    Please don't wait on it.

IMO, I think any dr that doesn't take coughing up blood very seriously is ignorant.
    I have never in my life seen, had or heard of anyone with the flu coughing up blood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely, time to find another heath-care team!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast