Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headaches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Headaches

Did you get the last post from "mom of 18year old". Sorry again for rambling I dont stay on one track of anything. I always have muitple things going on. Again Sorry.Thanks for th info. I can sleep better at night having questions answered. I listed all supplements and am meds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worries about rambling--living with Wegs is complicated! And we all like to help each other as much as possible, so ask whatever you want. Anything to help another Weggie sleep better!!

Those morning supplements should be okay. I'm concerned about the daily aspirin, though. Pred is hard on the stomach and so is aspirin. The combination could be very bad.

Headache is one of the most common side effects of Crestor.
    Last edited by Sangye; 11-08-2009 at 12:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to add some info here because I am taking a lot of supplements and hadn't really thought about the effects it would make on the overall disease and the interactions w/ the meds. My nutrition doctor does work w/ WG patients but I am tempted to reconsider. I thought I was on a good path but this information plus my up and down days have me thinking. Here's what I currently take:
    40mg pred.
    20mg metho. (once/week)
    Bactrim 800 (3x/week)
    1mg folic acid daily
    centrum silver multi-vit daily
    1360mg omega 3 fish oil (7 x daily)
    time release b-100 (5 x daily)
    500mg cinnamon (7x daily)
    Cal/Mag/w/ D (7x daily) Cal=1000mg Mag=500mg and D=400iu

In this process I was also diag. w/ celiac disease and have changed my eating habits considerably. Of course, my main goal is to do whatever it takes to feel "better". I know the old self is not coming back but I am hoping to find some kind of balance. However, I am wondering if I am doing too much, too soon and actually causing more issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

The PM

50mg Cyt.
    1000 mg c
    50mg elavil
    60mg cymbalta
    lisapril
    calicum + d
    more fiber

That is it for know that I can remember.
    I started taking the crestor and lisapril after I was released from the ER and my first TIA. My mom has a big history it all happened so fast. She is 63 and trapped in a 85 year olds body. Can't work and has limited moblilty after two caroded art. bi passes. 6 fusion lower back. hip surgery both, skin cancer, oslen weber rendu syndrom, diabetic, thats with out me looking at her list. Those are the magors that I have been looking out for myself too. So when I had the mini stroke I told my primary that I needed to do something about these levels before I end up in her shoes earlier. The headaches I had got better when my blood pressure got better. But the first couple weeks of WG treatment I knew my pressure was up and it was bad. The headache. The tell tail sign that my pressure was sky high. I havent had that begin again til recently.

Thanks again and if I didnt require sleep I'd be fine. Wouldn't we all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snooz23 View Post
    Here's what I currently take:
    40mg pred.
    20mg metho. (once/week)
    Bactrim 800 (3x/week)
    1mg folic acid daily
    centrum silver multi-vit daily
    1360mg omega 3 fish oil (7 x daily)
    time release b-100 (5 x daily)
    500mg cinnamon (7x daily)
    Cal/Mag/w/ D (7x daily) Cal=1000mg Mag=500mg and D=400iu

In this process I was also diag. w/ celiac disease and have changed my eating habits considerably. Of course, my main goal is to do whatever it takes to feel "better". I know the old self is not coming back but I am hoping to find some kind of balance. However, I am wondering if I am doing too much, too soon and actually causing more issues.
    You should be taking a better quality multivitamin than Centrum. It's awful. Almost anything in a health food store is better, though I really don't like to recommend health food store supplements. (I prefer people go to a holistic physician who knows clinical nutrition) Don't get anything fancy that has huge amounts of nutrients or added things like blue-green algae, etc... and take the recommended dosage.

That's a huge amount of fish oil. You don't need that much to obtain the anti-inflammatory effects. Take the dosage recommended on the bottle.

Cinnamon? There are many reasons for taking it. I'm not sure what yours is. The dose seems awfully high. Both cinnamon and fish oil have blood-thinning properties in high doses. It can be dangerous to take too much of a good thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Onatreetop,
    Pred can raise blood pressure. Please get that checked asap.

Your supplements look fine. Just take the fiber at a different time than your supplements and drugs so you don't interfere with their absorption. Take the fiber 1 hour before them or 2-3 hours after. Or at lunch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Okay I will. I will corner the prim. when I visit for the allergy meds and Itwill talk to him about the pressure again. Thank you so much.

I hope your cocktail of meds works out for you soon. Sleep well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a drug reference book at home, and alot of the drugs for wegeners disease have alot of drug reactions/side effects. Plus if you take a certain drug it can increase or decrease one of the meds for wegs. Cyclosporine and cellcept are two drugs I take and I have to be very careful what the doctor orders and make sure there are no drug reactions. I usually ask them to look it up right there. I check my blood pressure everyday ( it is up and down). I've had my blood pressure as high as 250/117! It's a balancing act.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that is really high bp! I'm relieved to know you check it every day. Especially with kidney involvement, bp must be kept well within the limits. (I'm sure you know that already!)

I get all my prescriptions filled at the same pharmacy. That helps cut down on drug interaction problems, since the computer will flag them automatically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I need to pick up a book that talks about drug interactions in regards to supplements. It is so difficult because I take so many things and some don't want you to take them near each other, etc. and there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the days. Does anyone have a good drug/supplement interaction book? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast