Thread: Just diagnosed - gigi.palumboshatz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jayne 14 View Post
    Welcome GiGi
    Sorry you've had to find us but be reassured now you have you will be wrapped in love help & information on your journey !!
    It's a lot to take on board at first but this is the place to advise / support / rant as much as you need

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have cried so much, it's actually got to the point they didn't know what was wrong and were going to put me in hospice! Lucky for me a dr sent my records to cc and a lung resection and now I'm still alive ! Whew!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozterry Guest

Well cry no more, you are safe now here with us. I was terrified when I was first diagnosed, searched Google and got terrified even more. Found this site and now feel "normal', in a Weggie sort of way.

Terry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gigi.palumboshatz View Post
    When looking back on the symptoms I think I've had this a long time. I've been reading many posts and feel a lot better about this disease. I really appreciate all the support from site! I felt so alone and now I feel I have found a whole new family ! Thank you so much! XO

I am so glad to hear you say how much better you feel since finding the forum! I remember being shy at first about posting and introducing myself, but it didn't take long to feel like one of the family. What a great group of people who happen to have this dumb disease!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When looking back on the symptoms I think I've had this a long time. I've been reading many posts and feel a lot better about this disease. I really appreciatete all the support from site! I felt so alone and now I feel I have found a whole new family ! Thank you so much! XO
    So glad the forum is helping you to feeling better about things. You have made the best possible decision to join this group. Welcome!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much! This has really put my mind at ease. It's really been a rollercoaster of emotions. I thought I only had a few years to live, based on internet info, but now I know that's not true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I am so glad to hear you say how much better you feel since finding the forum! I remember being shy at first about posting and introducing myself, but it didn't take long to feel like one of the family. What a great group of people who happen to have this dumb disease!
    I get so frustrated because I never have a normal day, not sure if I am noticing it more now or what,it's crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get so frustrated because I never have a normal day, not sure if I am noticing it more now or what,it's crazy!

I know what you mean about not having normal days. We have what we call the "new normal", once we get the most severe stages under control with meds. But there is hope that the new normal will improve, too. After 3.5 years, I finally got a really good blood test result showing my inflammation level to be completely normal. I still have days when stress gets the better of me and symptoms creep back, especially fatigue, which may always be with us to some extent. And I'm still on meds. But overall, the best ever since dx despite some pretty stressful stuff in my life right now.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much! This has really put my mind at ease. It's really been a rollercoaster of emotions. I thought I only had a few years to live, based on internet info, but now I know that's not true.
    That is the problem with the internet and medical diagnosis. Don't believe all you read,

With this disease, we are all writing our own books as we go along. None of us are the same in diagnosis, symptoms, lifestyle, etc. Hang in there and let us help you with consulting for your book, and let you doctors help you co-author the book too.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all the posters on this thread. Like you Gigi, I am new to this and fairly overwhelmed and confused. It's good to read positive, hopeful remarks - thanks to all of you who have been riding this train for years and welcoming the frightened new passengers. (And Merry Christmas to all of you in the Dec. 25 time zone!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merry Christmas to all too
    On the crazy Wegners train however severe
    Thank God for this site & everyone's advice
    🎅🎄🎅🎄🎅🎄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12