Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: working with wg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone, it looks like we all look forward to keeping our live's passions going if we can, and handling flares as they pop up. The experiences are as varied as the disease but with persistence, willpower and each other we will savor the time given to us, the good and bad, looking forward to a new and better day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi kdjaxan,
    They did an MRI on my hip while I was in the hospital last month. The doctors did not see any damage from prednisone. My rhuemy says damage from pred is very easily seen on an MRI. They did see arthritis, water in the groin area, and bursitis in the outer part of hip. I've been in water therapy for about 3 weeks and have seen a little improvement.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was diagnosed 14 years ago I had to take 3 months off work to get better. since then I have been able to work with one or two sick days a year.
    At that time I worked 3rd shift which worked out for as me I didn't have to take time off to make it to doctor appointments. and these days I try to make appointments in the mid to late afternoon so I don't have to take most or a whole day off work.
    Dx'd December 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure the answers to this question vary immensely based on everyone's condition, and occupation.

I'm an Administrative Assistant, so not a lot of physical demands with my job. I went back to work about 2 weeks after being released from the hospital. I was 26 at the time I was diagnosed. It was rough to work. Luckily, when I went back, it was winter (in CA, that means 65 degrees outside) so I would take naps in my car on my lunch break to make it through the day. I called in sick occasionally if I was too tired, but for the most part I took it day by day and was able to work full time. As my Pred doses went down, getting through an 8 hour work day got a little easier.
    Nicole

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12