User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast

Thread: From undiagnosed to climbing Mt. Everest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with everyone, you are a shining example for Weggies and others alike.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone! Wow, how times flies! My medication change went well and I had eye surgery to correct some of WG the damage done to my good eye, so - Guess what? I have signed up to run the 2014 Iditarod Sled Dog Race - again! This time I plan on getting the NORD (National Organization of Rare Disorders) banner across the finish line in Nome. The race starts the day after Rare Disease Day (March 1st). I have an eStore on my website if people want to make small donations or get my new poster (designed by Holly's dad) and some other things. Take care! Donate - Reaching Beyond the Clouds
    Last edited by Cindy; 08-24-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More power to you, Cindy! You can do it!
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news about your surgery Cindy, so now all the very best with your ongoing plans!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are, without a doubt, an absolute inspiration to me.
    I started running 5ks last year right when this all started to flare up and I loved them. Now, I can't even walk 3 miles on a good day. My friends ran a half marathon this morning. That's how far they went after our first 5k. My hope is to at least be able to get back to a 5K. Even if it's a run/walk situation, just to be able to be doing it again.
    You ... amaze me. I am in awe of you and will support you every step of the way!!!!!
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing this. It is really nice to know it gets better and we can all live a "normal" life after this. At least as normal as we can get right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, went to WG doctor and all is quite So I am off to start this season's training. I leave for Alaska on Oct 1st. Let the craziness begin, again! I won't be posting much here but you can follow me on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/cindy.abbott?ref=profile Take care and stay well everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear from you again Cindy and that all is well. We wish you luck again this year and hopefully you can finish the race this time.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are such an inspiration! I'll be cheering for you again this year. Best of luck to you!
    Nothing can break you; you are much stronger than you think... look at what you've already survived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiNicole View Post
    You are, without a doubt, an absolute inspiration to me.
    I started running 5ks last year right when this all started to flare up and I loved them. Now, I can't even walk 3 miles on a good day. My friends ran a half marathon this morning. That's how far they went after our first 5k. My hope is to at least be able to get back to a 5K. Even if it's a run/walk situation, just to be able to be doing it again.
    You ... amaze me. I am in awe of you and will support you every step of the way!!!!!
    I support you too, I think it is fantastic what you do. I ride horses and that seems to help my breathing and my health in general but the horse does the work I go along for the ride.
    My blog: Animo