User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: From undiagnosed to climbing Mt. Everest!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thankful for the activities that I can do. That is how I think now. Be thankful every breath, every food you can swallow and every step you take.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto!!! The auqucize is great!!! If you have a place near you that has it. I did that for a few years too after the twins were born. They called it a no impact exercise. You work the muscle and move the joints but the joints dont strain. Only the muscle gets the workout I think. My mother in law started doing a while ago and it has helped her back and joints so much. i am very greatful for anything I can do also. My limits aren't that great yet but once in awhile my body says no way, take a brake. Everyday is a new one with so many possiblties. you just have to keep your eyes open and up!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy, congrats on the last mountain. My friend just summitted Aconcagua, a group went there for a prostate cause. He is back this weekend, I will email him your link.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jola57, That is great! Aconcagua is a difficult mountain - he should be proud.

I would have liked to have gotten one more big mountain training climb in but I am out of money so I training locally now: but training is training. Off to Mt. Baldy again Saturday.
    Last edited by Cindy; 01-15-2010 at 07:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you have prepared very well and now just work on stamina. Whis you have plenty of already. Just let us know somehow how you are doing up there when the time comes. Either a link of maybe your husband can keep us posted.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cindy you have the mental and physical strength to endure this!

Doug Guest

Yes, I agree with Jolanta that something close to real time communication with you would be great. Too bad you couldn't use BlogTV for a nightly report! Written reports from your husband or you, as possible, would be wonderful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, now that a few of you have mentioned an interest in following my climb I will tell you that there will be two (for sure) and possibly a third (in the works) method of knowing, almost to the hour, where I am on the climb.

1. I will be posting to my blog: pictures and short updates via satellite.
    2. Everest 2010 News will be following our team (5 climbers, two guides, and 5 to 7 Sherpas) at Mt. Everest 2010 News Coverage this site is active now. Our team name is Explore Your Planet. My story will be posted on the site in a week or so.
    3. ABC National Network wants exclusive rights to cover (for TV) my Everest climb with Diane Sawyer. This is in the works and we are not sure just how it will all work out. If I can get this secured, it will bring a lot of attention to rare disease awareness and hopefully donations to the Vasculitis Foundation.

I am working very hard to get this story out to the public. I had a newspaper interview two days ago, another one scheduled for Monday, and was just contacted by another report today.

Back to work.

Doug Guest

Crossing all fingers and toes, Cindy! What great news. I can't imagine it not having the potential for national, even international coverage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doug check your "notifications"

Page 9 of 61 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast