Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Uncle jungle gym

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Uncle jungle gym

Was just in GA for a week visiting my sister and nieces. Hope to get caught back up on the thread though that may be impossible with the activity :P > I will try. My week was great and as the title implies I played jungle gym again. I did have a issue while down there. Doing my daily rinse and steroid I had a nose bleed. Hoping it is just from a dry nose the hotel I stayed in was pretty dry. But better to be safe so I called the rheumy. He said to mention it to ENT this Tuesday during my check up see what he thinks. <pretty sure it was dry nose I dealt with that my whole life still not worth the risk>.

Any ways it was a great visit got to give the girls Christmas presents while there.

Nothing really more to say other then I am now home and I had fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Chris,

I have similar issues with a dry nose in the winter. At home, we have a whole-house humidifier on our furnace, and that helps a little. I also do the daily saline sinus rinse and then put some special ointment from Cleveland Clinic in my nose. It's basically a lubricant that coats the nasal passages for awhile. It doesn't completely eliminate the problem, but it does make it better.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it this time last year Chris that you played Uncle Jungle Gym to your nieces - you must be a fun uncle.

I think it would depend on how long the nose bleed went for and if it was just the one time.
    If it was just a one off, then it was more than likely just the air.

I'm glad you are seeing your ENT on Tuesday though
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you had so much fun. I have good luck with a beeswax skin cream. I rub it in my nose and it works great. I bought it at a craft show. Burt's bees probably has an equivalent. It lasts a long time as a tiny amount is sufficient. The maker's name is Tom Roth from Ambearst Ohio. Phone is 440-988-2757.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last post about the girls was this summer they come up here in the summer I go down there in the winter for a week. But yes they are great. Thank you all for the advice about the nose. I did see the ENT and he said yes it was a dry nose nothing more. As many of you suggested and as he said I had to go get a new humidifier. I had a old console style one that hasn't been used in years. My moms old one I doubt I could even get a pad for that :P the new one was cheap though. And I am using AYR again I used it just prior to my DX when the urgent care clinic thought my only issue was I had a scab in the sinus cavity <I did but that was a symptom not the cause or problem :P > they had me using that and saline mist. I still use the mist and have now added the ayr back into it :P