Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highest CRP rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, but what kind of doctor is it that orders these tests?
    Just call me "B".
    ---
    "How's it going?"
    "Like crap."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rheumy does. I get them monthly. They need those labs. They caught my Prednisone induced diabetes through the labs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rheumy (at Cleveland Clinic) actually specifies the labs I have done each month. My PCP (at Ohio State) follows her lead in actually ordering the lab to do the tests. I make sure my rheumy gets a copy of the results.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B_in_Florida View Post
    How does everyone here know their number? What doctor did you go to who provided the test, was it a Rheumatologist?
    I make her drs give me a copy of the blood work every lab draw if I don't have access to her records online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BarbW View Post
    Thanks everyone for replying. It is a comfort. It is 69.8 CRP h.s. My SED rate was 36, which was high for me. My local general practitioner didn't have any slots open, so I went to another doctor. She gave me cough syrup with codeine....which didn't help, and a Ventolin inhaler, which does seem to help. My Wegs doctor emailed me and thinks the spike is an infection or allergic reaction because of the ratio between the CRP and SED. He gave me antibiotics to make sure to deal with it if it is an infection. I see him in three weeks.

I need to find out if it could be caused by Lisinopril, which I was prescribed by my general practitioner about 6 weeks ago. I hear that Lisinopril can cause the relentless coughing I'm having. Also, I am not on Prednisone because it induced type 2 diabetes which I am just now getting under control. It could be that once I came off the Prednisone, I became prone to the Weg's inflammation. There are so many possibilities because there are just so many variables all the darn time.
    I have definitely heard that lisinopril can cause coughs.
    Here is more info on HS-CRP
    hs-CRP: The Test | High-sensitivity C-reactive Protein

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes on the lisinopril. I coughed my head off for months until someone finally figured it was the lisinopril.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by B_in_Florida View Post
    OK, but what kind of doctor is it that orders these tests?
    Any kind of doctor can order these tests, and will, if they think they have a reason. Most WG patients are treated by rheumatologists as their primary WG doc, so they are the ones who end up doing it. My WG doc is not a rheumy, he is a pulmonologist, and he does it. Years ago, a PA (physician's assistant, not a doctor) ordered blood tests for inflammation markers when she thought I might have RA because of my joint pain, which in retrospect, was probably undiagnosed, smoldering WG. By the time the test was done, though, the joint pain had subsided, so the results didn't indicate much in the way of inflammation.

My current WG doc only tests for SED rate, not CRP. My most recent result showed a SED rate of 16, which is normal, and I'm happy about that. When I had a flare in the winter of this year, it was up to 57, and he said that with my initial flare that got me diagnosed, it was over 100.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My highest low-sensitivity CRP was 92 as I was diagnosed in Dec 2013. It dropped pretty quickly down to below 30 and then gradually down below 10 by April -- where it has remained (thankfully).
    I also have a rheumatologist at Cleveland Clinic who manages my case and orders the blood tests. But I live 4 hours away and so my local rheumy implements the plan. I make sure my local blood test results are faxed to my Cleveland doc. (Monthly tests at this stage.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12