Thread: Highest CRP rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Highest CRP rate?

What has been your highest CRP hs rate?
    I am a bit freaked by my 69.8. I am sick with a relentless cough.
    Is our inflammation usually that high?
    thanks for helping.
    Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I don't even know what that is..
    .... I've had WG for almost 10 years now and I'm pretty sure I have never heard of it. I'm guessing it has something to do with bloodwork, and I haven't had any of that done in a while though.... at $600+ for bloodwork, man, I can't do that often. *shaking_head_emoticon*
    Last edited by B_in_Florida; 12-05-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    Just call me "B".
    ---
    "How's it going?"
    "Like crap."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine's never been that high, but yours is pretty high/abnormal right now. The cough sounds like a bit of a flare/inflammatory reaction. Is it dry or full of mucous? Are you on pred? Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Normal range for CRP is <10mg/L. So I'd say you have something going on that isn't good. Please find out what your doc's treatment plan is.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CRP is a non-specific marker of inflammation. There are a lot of things that can make it jump around. I've had a couple of big spikes and my doc has given me reassurance that they were probably not of any significance. If you are sick with some kind of bug perhaps that would explain it. Also keep in mind that there are two versions of the test: CRP and high sensitivity CRP. Your results should say something like HSCRP if it's the latter. You might want to email or call your doc's assistant to see if any follow up is recommended based on this lab result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are u sure that was your C-Reactive Protein?
    It sounds more like a SED Rate value.
    The highest I have seen with my mom is 8.2 mg/dl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Crp, hs

Thanks everyone for replying. It is a comfort. It is 69.8 CRP h.s. My SED rate was 36, which was high for me. My local general practitioner didn't have any slots open, so I went to another doctor. She gave me cough syrup with codeine....which didn't help, and a Ventolin inhaler, which does seem to help. My Wegs doctor emailed me and thinks the spike is an infection or allergic reaction because of the ratio between the CRP and SED. He gave me antibiotics to make sure to deal with it if it is an infection. I see him in three weeks.

I need to find out if it could be caused by Lisinopril, which I was prescribed by my general practitioner about 6 weeks ago. I hear that Lisinopril can cause the relentless coughing I'm having. Also, I am not on Prednisone because it induced type 2 diabetes which I am just now getting under control. It could be that once I came off the Prednisone, I became prone to the Weg's inflammation. There are so many possibilities because there are just so many variables all the darn time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

I went through my blood test results to see how my numbers compared...

When I was first diagnosed in the hospital, my CRP was at 74.1.

7 months later (still not in remission), my latest CRP is 17.1. As someone mentioned above, this is just a marker for general inflammation, so it could be anything. Definitely worth discussing with a doctor in any case.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does everyone here know their number? What doctor did you go to who provided the test, was it a Rheumatologist?
    Just call me "B".
    ---
    "How's it going?"
    "Like crap."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctors at both Cleveland Clinic and Ohio State enter my results into electronic records (required by federal law). I signed up for access through MyChart at both hospitals. When my doctors have read my results, I get an e-mail from MyChart which prompts me to access the records. I usually have the results within one business day. I can also e-mail my docs with questions, make appointments, and get prescriptions renewed.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast