User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: anyone have high proteinuria after treatment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default anyone have high proteinuria after treatment?

Just wondering if anyone out there had high proteinuria after treatment that got better once in remission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mrtmeo

Maybe it is too early in the morning but not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean proteinuria BEFORE treatment?

Mine was fairly high on diagnosis and my GFR was around 38% but with treatment it improved to around 58%. My last 24 hour urine collection a few years ago actually showed I was in stage 2 CKD and not stage 3 which they always report on my blood tests though knocking on the door of stage 2. I have never had a positive dip stick for protein since treatment though they were positive before diagnosis.

If proteinuria has not improved or got worse after treatment I would think remission status is not possible and you have not responded to the treatment.

Rose
    Last edited by Rose; 11-29-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rose View Post
    Hi Mrtmeo

Maybe it is too early in the morning but not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean proteinuria BEFORE treatment?

Mine was fairly high on diagnosis and my GFR was around 38% but with treatment it improved to around 58%. My last 24 hour urine collection a few years ago actually showed I was in stage 2 CKD and not stage 3 which they always report on my blood tests though knocking on the door of stage 2. I have never had a positive dip stick for protein since treatment though they were positive before diagnosis.

If proteinuria has not improved or got worse after treatment I would think remission status is not possible and you have not responded to the treatment.

Rose
    Hi Rose,
    My mom's protienuria has gotten worse since treatment.
    I finally, have her back on the Mofetil again because it was making her sick due to not enuf acid reflux meds.
    I figured it out when she only got sick on the imuran and mofetil when I tapered her ppi's from 2 per day to one per day.
    She has only been back on the Mofetil for 10 days, so don't know if it will improve anything anymore.
    Her neph gave up on her when she wasn't responding at the 2 month mark.
    It maybe too late now, but she is 5 months from treatment start and will be 6 months in a couple of weeks.

I think if they expect remission within 3 months, they should switch drugs to get the person into remission and not give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have a urinalysis done--I've had proteinuria with a uti. cleared up quickly after completion of antibiotic treatment. I didn't have any of the normal uti symptoms either. Are you making these changes to her meds with her doctors knowledge and approval? It's important to have a medical team that you both trust making these decisions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Have a urinalysis done--I've had proteinuria with a uti. cleared up quickly after completion of antibiotic treatment. I didn't have any of the normal uti symptoms either. Are you making these changes to her meds with her doctors knowledge and approval? It's important to have a medical team that you both trust making these decisions.
    She is monitored by her nephrologist and all her medications.
    She does not have a uti according to her nephrologist.
    She just had a urinalysis last week and usually once per month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like few have kidney problems with wegs and none have high proteinuria or they are too sick to be on a forum.