Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ear clogged

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had issues a couple of weeks ago. I had cold like symptoms and every time I blew my nose I would have sharp pain in my left ear. Of course I was worried and wondering if the disease was returning. I saw Pulmonologist this past Monday and mentioned this to him. I told him that it must have been a sinus cold because the ear pain had stopped. He looked into my ear and informed me that the sharp pain was due to an ear tube/grommet that was still hanging on to the wall of the ear drum. I was astonished because I had thought that both the tubes had already fallen out. I had no idea. This tube was a pair that was installed January 2013!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had ear issues (clogging, infections, pain, RTX) since prior to dx. My ENT to this day denies my ear issues have anything to do with Wegs...very annoying, because I know my ears/sinuses were my first symptoms. I have had tubes put in multiple times (they kept falling out). I am actually scheduled to havr them removed on Tuesday. Since starting treatment for Wegs last July I have had minimal issues with my ears. I am only having them taken out because they have been in 2.5 years and they need to be removed. If symptoms return I will have the, replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruotsi1 View Post
    I have had ear issues (clogging, infections, pain, RTX) since prior to dx. My ENT to this day denies my ear issues have anything to do with Wegs...very annoying, because I know my ears/sinuses were my first symptoms. I have had tubes put in multiple times (they kept falling out). I am actually scheduled to havr them removed on Tuesday. Since starting treatment for Wegs last July I have had minimal issues with my ears. I am only having them taken out because they have been in 2.5 years and they need to be removed. If symptoms return I will have the, replaced.
    Your ENT needs to get educated about Wegs. At least mine acknowledged right away at time of dx in 2011 that all my ear and sinus issues, starting with a big ear infection in 2008 that blew holes in both eardrums, were actually Wegs symptoms all along. He has always been very apologetic for not considering Wegs a lot earlier, which could have saved my nose from saddling, my sinus bones from eroding, and my hearing as well. It seems to me the ENT is a very important part of the medical team for a great many of us, and they need to be educated on all the possibilities! I can understand your feeling annoyed.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    ... It seems to me the ENT is a very important part of the medical team for a great many of us, and they need to be educated on all the possibilities!
    A good ENT will make your journey with this disease a lot better. Mine is AWESOME and I wish everyone had one like him!

As to your ENT denying that its Wegs, time to find a new one that will KNOW that it IS THE WEGS!!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeG-2012 View Post
    A good ENT will make your journey with this disease a lot better. Mine is AWESOME and I wish everyone had one like him!

As to your ENT denying that its Wegs, time to find a new one that will KNOW that it IS THE WEGS!!
    I wish we did, too, Mike! I think mine is well respected in the community as a good ENT, but he fell short in my case, until things got a lot worse. I still think he's a good doc, but I'd like someone with more WG/vasculitis experience.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12