User Tag List

Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not responding to Cyclo - Risking it all with Fecal Transplant on 2nd Of December

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyond anything else remember this: once you give up it's all over.

Sure it sound like "mumbo-jumbo" , but "the will to live" is very real, and makes a surprisingly real difference.

As bad bad as it gets (as bad as treatment can be) , being alive is better than the alternative - so fight for it with a passion.

also: personally I would not be surprised to see fecal transplant resolve your issues. Much research has recently shown an amazingly huge number of things come down to an imbalance in the gut bacteria (often due to poor aka "modern" diet).

Not surprising given that there's more bacteria (by weight) in a body than there are cells of "Pure you" cells.

"Everything you've ever believed is wrong, assume nothing, wing it and hope, at least you tried."

iI there's anything behind "the power of positive thinking" there'll be an "oomph" from all of us as you undergo treatment.

2. Likes Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep in mind also that although it didn't get the best results as a first choice therapy, infliximab seems to be a good alternative for refractory cases.

all the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please update when you get the fecal transplant.
    The gut is 80% of our immune system and is linked to many AI diseases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    Please update when you get the fecal transplant.
    The gut is 80% of our immune system and is linked to many AI diseases.
    Last week's New Yorker Magazine had a lengthy article about fecal transplants.
    The Excrement Experiment

It's definitely something I would consider eventually. I second the request for an update! All my fingers are crossed for you.
    "Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the whole earth revolves—slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope all went well on Tuesday and you are ready to take on the world.

Our thoughts are with you
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for being so brave. May God bless you and the dr's that are studying this. PLEASE keep us informed.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi C,
    I'm sure you will have to have many transplants til it starts working, but can you update on what and how you are doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey C,

I hope you are okay and things went well with the transplant.

Would really love to hear how things are
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Not responding to Cyclo - Risking it all with Fecal Transplant on 2nd Of December

Hi Guys,
    Christian here, well here is what happened with the Fecal Transplant.
    1. I had the treatment as mentioned in the original thread - November 14
    2. I needed to take antibiotics for two weeks prior, which made me even weaker / sicker
    3. I arrived in Melbourne Australia, did the two day preparation (36 hours not eating), and collapsed upon arrival at the hospital, weighing a mere 56KG
    4. I was told it would have either no reaction, and no harm in trying, or my CRP would sky rocket, guess what, my CRP doubled to 200
    5. I was then distort and went home and was told by the kidney dr's my kidney numbers had gone off, and my creatinine had gone from 60 up to 450
    6. I was admitted to hospital, and was put back on IV pred and didn't come out for three weeks.
    7. To save the situation I was told to do Rituxan for the 5th time 4 x 1 week doses

At this point I thought I had really stuffed this up, and topped my kidney, but interestly:

1. After RTX Infusion 2 my creatinine went from 450 to 160 (Bang!) high fives and tears from the nurses, dr's and myself in the RAH
    2. By the last RTX I was back to around 120 on creatine and CRP 20....ok remission but for how long, each time this happened on RTX before, my B cells would repopulate, I would relapsed after six months, start losing weight from the inflammation, and had to go back through the RTX or Cyclo treatment again and again.

Well this is what happened next:

That was now 4 years ago and I have never relapsed since, are on no drugs for the last three years, train 4 times per week, and are living a normal life as the CEO of an international company.

My personal hypothesis:

My nose was very bloody, and I had osteitis inside my nose bone which has a bit of a dip in the bone still. 7 days after the fecal I blew out what could only be called a small hard apple from my nose, which was years of hard dried / built up mucus, which was literally cutting off the blood supply to my bone. The fecal was such a strong antibiotic, that it knocked off this Staff infection (they tested it) and for me I feel this is what was the underlying cause of my WG syndrome. The Dr's said they will not ever really know, but they are kind of shocked (and happy) that I have not been back in their system for 4 years.

Guys I thought I would share this, because its never about gloating, I know all too well how fricking difficult this disease can make our lives, but I am pleased to say for the last 4 years I have had some really healthy days. I do have kidney scarring, but life is pretty much back to normal now.

I hope you are all going ok, and you are feeling supported and things are as best as they can be.

God Bless.

Cheers,
    Christian

11. Likes Rose, drz, Pete, gilders, Jaha, Alysia, JeanMarie, mishb, Bing505z liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Not responding to Cyclo - Risking it all with Fecal Transplant on 2nd Of December

Quote Originally Posted by Cekmsover View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Christian here, well here is what happened with the Fecal Transplant.
    1. I had the treatment as mentioned in the original thread - November 14
    2. I needed to take antibiotics for two weeks prior, which made me even weaker / sicker
    3. I arrived in Melbourne Australia, did the two day preparation (36 hours not eating), and collapsed upon arrival at the hospital, weighing a mere 56KG
    4. I was told it would have either no reaction, and no harm in trying, or my CRP would sky rocket, guess what, my CRP doubled to 200
    5. I was then distort and went home and was told by the kidney dr's my kidney numbers had gone off, and my creatinine had gone from 60 up to 450
    6. I was admitted to hospital, and was put back on IV pred and didn't come out for three weeks.
    7. To save the situation I was told to do Rituxan for the 5th time 4 x 1 week doses

At this point I thought I had really stuffed this up, and topped my kidney, but interestly:

1. After RTX Infusion 2 my creatinine went from 450 to 160 (Bang!) high fives and tears from the nurses, dr's and myself in the RAH
    2. By the last RTX I was back to around 120 on creatine and CRP 20....ok remission but for how long, each time this happened on RTX before, my B cells would repopulate, I would relapsed after six months, start losing weight from the inflammation, and had to go back through the RTX or Cyclo treatment again and again.

Well this is what happened next:

That was now 4 years ago and I have never relapsed since, are on no drugs for the last three years, train 4 times per week, and are living a normal life as the CEO of an international company.

My personal hypothesis:

My nose was very bloody, and I had osteitis inside my nose bone which has a bit of a dip in the bone still. 7 days after the fecal I blew out what could only be called a small hard apple from my nose, which was years of hard dried / built up mucus, which was literally cutting off the blood supply to my bone. The fecal was such a strong antibiotic, that it knocked off this Staff infection (they tested it) and for me I feel this is what was the underlying cause of my WG syndrome. The Dr's said they will not ever really know, but they are kind of shocked (and happy) that I have not been back in their system for 4 years.

Guys I thought I would share this, because its never about gloating, I know all too well how fricking difficult this disease can make our lives, but I am pleased to say for the last 4 years I have had some really healthy days. I do have kidney scarring, but life is pretty much back to normal now.

I hope you are all going ok, and you are feeling supported and things are as best as they can be.

God Bless.

Cheers,
    Christian
    Thank for the update, Christian. I hope I can ask, not sure I understand: was your good outcome after all, a result of the fecal transplant or of the rtx ? It seems to me from your description that the transplant almost killed you and that the rtx saved you ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast