Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Taking a step to find out if I have Wegs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Taking a step to find out if I have Wegs

Want to thank all of you for all the info you have on this website. It sure makes for interesting reading. I have about 4 AI disease already... RA, Sjogrens, Thyroid, Diabetes, and my doctors tell me they run in packs for some folks. I have been dx'ed with RA for 20 plus years but I don't have a lot of RA damage. Plus was not dx'ed because of blood work but from my symptoms. From reading here it sounds as if Wegs can cause RA symptoms also. Well I was thinking for a while that most of you are really sick compared to me that I must not really have wegs until I read where someone stated that they would be sick for just an hour and that feeling would go away and maybe come back later in a day or two... maybe sick for a week then go away. That is how I feel it seems ... it starts that way... I feel sick for just a bit then it goes away...It seems my sinus/face can hurt so bad but then goes away then there are days I have shortness of breath. Sometimes I get blurry vision and eyes feel sticky. Days I have swelling in my feet/ankles. Other days my hands and feet ache. Some days my ears feel full of fluid then that goes away then other time there is pain in my ears. Have hearing loss now. Have drainage in my throat. Headaches. Nights my leg aches all night long can't sleep and it seems to stay swollen all the time. I can walk just like normal for weeks but then one day my hip hurts so bad I can even hardly walk from room to room but then the next day there is no pain in my hip. Then there are days I seem to get these symptoms altogether... this so sickie feeling where I get dizzy, nauseated, sweaty, short of breath, so very fatigued, my sinus hurt so very bad... for a few minutes then goes away then other times maybe it will last for a day or so. This was the way it started about 10 years ago until I ended up in the hospital for 8 days so very sick. Back then I just got use to feeling so bad. Before the hospital stay it seems like it builds over a year or so then bang it hits like a ton of bricks. I just feel I am heading that way again. As I read here it seems as if all these things are related to one disease and before I didn't know that. I just never thought to put it all together until my kidney doc told me it might be Wegs. I have had a rash on neck and under chin plus a rash on both of my forearms for over a year now that no one knows what is causing it. The rash can even fade somewhat. I also have lesions on my shoulder and one on my arm that have been there for a long time maybe a year or so that no one knows what it is. And the meds I did get from dermatologist didn't clear it up. I have read on here that if the lesions are wegs that the normal meds will not heal them. But this time around all my symptoms seem to be coming on a bit more stronger and more often. I also read on it where Wegs can smolder so I guess I need to get busy and figure out if I have it or not. Well I have said I need to get some skin biopsies so I called today and I go on Wed to get that done so maybe I will have some answers in a few days or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's to get answers for you - and if it is Wegners
    This is the place to be
    Good luck xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was diagnosed with RA from test results prior to being diagnosed with WG and MCTD

You are correct, these AI's can certainly run in packs.

I hope you get the correct answers
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS