Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Swollen Feet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Swollen Feet

Ok , so my feet have been extremely swollen , I'm on 7.5 mgs pred , 2 =500mg cell cept 2Xd and , on blood pressure med, anti anxiety , anti depressant and pain meds as needed ( which is often ) . I blew my diet all week and haven
    t been careful with my sugar and salt intake.. . Any words of wisdom ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch what you eat and drink? It sounds like you know what to do, so just do it. This disease isn't anything to mess with. Good luck on your way to better health.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do that...
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think it was low albumin with my mom's feet swelling, but now, I think it is the vasculitis.
    Once I put her back on a low carb diet, the swelling went away, but I don't think it was the low carb diet, but the Rituximab working.
    She has not had it since, crossing fingers!
    It can also, be due to too much sodium or not enuf potassium.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen11 View Post
    Ok , so my feet have been extremely swollen , I'm on 7.5 mgs pred , 2 =500mg cell cept 2Xd and , on blood pressure med, anti anxiety , anti depressant and pain meds as needed ( which is often ) . I blew my diet all week and haven
    t been careful with my sugar and salt intake.. . Any words of wisdom ?
    Carmen: Have you tried support stockings/socks; the kind used for diabetics? I've been having some foot and calf swelling and the stockings have helped a LOT! They are available at any drug store or Wal Mart, etc.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Mike said try support stockings. I have to wear a knee high every day due to a DVT in my left calf about 6 weeks after dx of wegeners. I prefer the jobst brand, but I would try some cheaper ones first to see if they help you. You'll find they come in different colors lengths and compression strengths.
    I told my kidney doc years ago that pizza makes my leg swell. He told me I shouldn't be eating pizza.
    So I'm going to suggest also to keep track of which foods make you're feet swell and limit those. One I have to avoid is cured ham. It's loaded with sodium so I can only have a little bit a few times a year.
    Dx'd December 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk to your dr. about taking a water pill. It helps me, but I do go to the bathroom a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try walking maybe? When I was in the hospital I had swelling in my ankles. I was asked to walk up and down the hallway everyday, I think that's what helped. Don't know how long I did that... 20 min? 30 min? 1 hour? Don't know, don't remember too well, but the swelling slowly subsided and I think it was because of that. I was also told to walk 1 hour per day after I was released.

I think swelling happens because of a blood buildup, and that the exercise helps with blood circulation.
    Last edited by B_in_Florida; 11-14-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    Just call me "B".
    ---
    "How's it going?"
    "Like crap."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend you ask your doctor about what I said, or at least call your doctor's office and ask a nurse (sometimes they can provide some information for free). I don't want to give you advice, then find out that advice only made things worse. Good luck, by the way.
    Just call me "B".
    ---
    "How's it going?"
    "Like crap."