Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Avatar Stories

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently, my avatar is in tribute to our dearly departed Phil. It used to be just me, hamming it up in front of my computer camera. It was an old photo from a few years back, pre-prednisone and thinner. *sigh*
    I will be putting a newer photo up when I get back home.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is self explanatory... I have few good pics of myself, if any, and am using a cartoon picture created on the Bitstrips site. In the past, I've used pics of my house, the scenery around here, flowers I've grown, a pic of myself as a young girl, and a goofball pic of myself that no one thought was funny. It may be time for a change, but I just haven't made any decision yet.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have changed mine a few times also..but right now it is because I am a pretty " laid back " person and if you notice its at the beach with the palm trees. What is too small to see is a drink on my stomach and a saying in the middle " perfect bliss " also at the bottom is the saying " this is the employment my soul delights in " THAT'S ME !!!!!
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great idea for a thread!
    Since joining I'd kept my avatar the same, it was my 2 dogs. I only changed it for the tribute to Phil and have now changed it again.
    My current one is of myself on my wedding day sat in my friend's rental car - Shelby GT Mustang. This was taken immediately after our sunset wedding at Sand Key park, Clearwater Beach, Florida.
    I also don't show my face online, so I must really respect this forum as it's the only photo of me anywhere online, albeit a very small picture.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My avatar is a pic of myself on a trip to Lake Como in Italy before all my Wegener problems started. I love traveling to Italy. Plus I felt so serene and peaceful then. Guess it was the calm before the storm.
    I am a strong person, but every now and then I also need someone to take my hand & say everything will be alright....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just me -- taken about a year ago. But, I often change it. Sometimes its my W.G. Pit 24 jersey because the doc proclaimed me #24 with GH due to GPA. I think #25 and #26 have now cropped up. Believe one of them was in NZ, but not sure. Sometimes I'll use a pic from my flying days, but those are really old, i.e., I was really young. Went in during Vietnam. B-52's..... And, sometimes I just put up some picture I've taken because I like them. One of these days, you'll probably see my MG in the avatar after its painted and tidied up a bit....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is a current picture of me taken by my daughter at my son's marching band competition. I enjoy supporting my kid's events. I am a mom first and with my youngest heading to college next year it will be hard to move to the next chapter. I'm wearing a hat and neck cuff my cousin knitted for me so that I can keep my nerve damaged face warm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a few over time - I usually like to have an outdoor shot reflecting my favourite activities (sailing and walking) but these have been curtailed since the onset of WG so the opportunity for new pictures is severely reduced. A recent batman picture was in remembrance of Phil and the latest, almost looking smart, taken from a picture at my CEO's retirement function back in July!
    Diagnosed July 2009

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure my glasses aren't blue (and neither is my facial-hair) but while my Avatar is not actually a photograph .... strangers immediately recognise me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving the avatar stories. Nice to get to know folks a little more based on their interests. My favorite part of the internet is how people can connect and learn from and about each other. Keep them coming!!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast