Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Avatar Stories

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our Avatar Stories

It would be fun to find out why we chose the Avatars we use. For instance - why does mishb have Kermit for an Avatar? If you would like to share - just post here. I will start:

My avatar is of myself the last year I worked as a school librarian in a high school. I LOVED so much of my job - but especially the kids. We used to do lots of fun things with the students....decorating Christmas stockings, Easter Egg coloring and Easter Egg hunts and on and on... This was the day of Prince William and Kate's wedding. I threw an English Tea Party in the library for anyone how cared to come. We had tons of fun. Although I had to settle for paper plates in the name of practicality, I did bring my best china tea pot, my lace tablecloth and my silver sugar bowl and creamer. While planning the event - many other teachers in the school got into the spirit. The wedding fell on a day when we had a regular whole school assembly. So - we all raided the theater department costume room. To open the assembly, we had a royal procession - led by Prince William and Kate of course and followed by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip, along with various and sundry Lords and Ladies of the court. It was SO much fun. As we processed down the auditorium aisle, I heard one student say to her companion - "This is why I LOVE this school!?" It is my fondest memory from a very happy career!

OK .... now it is your turn! Go!!
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a summer kid at these beaches, brings back memories and feelings...all good.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine isn't that creative.
    Mine is to help awareness of vasculitis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is a photo of me pre diagnosis after getting the BMW for my birthday.

I havent had had the bike out in 22 months, and I miss the two wheeled therapy. One of these days my wife and I will be on the road again.
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol Jacquie, there is nothing mysterious about my avatar - I love frogs

I have been collecting frogs (ornamental) since I was about 10 years old and have about 200 to 300 of them spread all over the house.
    They range from pillows to tee shirts, to planters, to wall decals, teapots, jewellery and knick knacks. I also had a real tree frog (named Cane) in a tank.
    He got fussy with his food so he is now in the backyard somewhere enjoying his life. We do hear frogs croaking at night time, so he must be fine.

I don't like to put pictures of myself up on facebook or on here - so a frog it is.

You have to admit - Kermit is one of the best frogs around
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is reading to my grandkids while all sitting close together in my recliner. I often embellish the story with funny voices and sound effects.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to those of you who have answered so far. Dirty Dan and MikeG - nice to see the reflection of happy memories and a happy hobby. I can relate. My hubby and I are kayakers..but my health has been so bad this year that I have only gone out once. We are hoping for a MUCH longer season next year!!

Pete - happy family times are what everything is all about. And now that I have a 15 year old granddaughter and a 4 month old granddaughter. I sure can relate to the happiness of grandparenthood. Everyone told me how much I would love being a grandparent and they were right.

Mrtemeo - it is always a good idea to remind everyone of a good, reliable source of information. I speak that with great feeling having been a school librarian and seen some of the bizarre source of info that teenagers accepted from google with no question!!

Mishb....I can also relate to the passion for frogs. Except mine was pigs!! The pig stories that I used to read to my kiddies (back in the day when I had elementary students) were always the funniest. I had tons of piggy ornaments everywhere. My hubby hated them, so I kept most in school with me. I had them, along with various funny wind-up toys, on my desk. It was a great way to encourage the teenagers to hang around my desk and talk. Teenagers are just large children disguised in almost- adult bodies. I think if you and I were ever to create a joint post, we should go for a Kermit and Miss Piggy Avatar!!

Hope we get more replies. This is fun for me...and would be a nice thread for newbies to read to see it isn't all health problems all the time on here!!
    Last edited by BookNut; 11-06-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Jacquie (aka Lifelong Booknut)

Updated status: "Honorary Weggie"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had a few avatars, Seasonal sports teams, Red Sox and Patriots, the Blue Angels took me back to childhood living a stones throw from Naval Air Station where they would perform. Presently my Brother and I performing at an Arts in the Park gathering in a local town. We played together for many years, until he felt compelled to move to Tennessee twelve years ago. A lot of good memories. Friendship and hair and youth. This was 1982.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jacqui, mine is of a Thames Barge which used to ply their trade along the coast where I live. In fact there is a number of them moored up at a nearby town. Sometimes you can go out on day trips, along with friends to share a meal and a few drinks!! They do look a sight with all their sails up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jacquie, great idea for a thread...nice to talk about something other than...LOL! You are SUCH a librarian...always finding ways to get the group moving! Thank you!
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast