Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update from my rheum today

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with Sangye (in spite of my own actions). Although they are non descript looking little pills, steroids are dangerous and should be treated with respect. In my own case, I know what I can get away with, but have still only done it on a handfull of occasions. Long term changes are a different matter and I have to move very slowly indeed, reducing from 10mg to 7mg has taken me 3 months!

As Sangye says, get it wrong and the effect can be very rapid. On the odd occasion, I have forgotten to take my pills in the morning and have found myself feeling ill before the end of the day. Not sure if this is due to the steroids, but I think it is. It brings home to me just how dependant I have become.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Okay. Got the picture. I will call the Ra again. I was wondering thats all. I haven't changed any of the doses. I hate using the pain meds all day. They dont effect me badly just dont like the idea of needing them so much. I am sure you understand that one.
    This is a bit odd but my sunglasses wont stay on my nose any longer. They dont rest on the bridge of my nose any more. The bridge is bigger. I thought maybe it being weight gain but I have managed to keep that almost in check. I have gained seven pds. since the begining of treatment. Then there was swelling in the begining but that went down when the pred went down. Another day on the phone and might as well get the labs drawn too. That is always the next step.

Thank you all for the support , advise and warnings. I do need all of the above and thank you greatly. It takes special people to do what you have been for so many others. Again , thanks.

Doug Guest

In your time, you may want to stay around and do the same. For me, it's my way of returning the favor of information I got from others when I needed it. It wasn't as patient-centered as this forum is, but it helped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onatreetop View Post
    I hate using the pain meds all day. They dont effect me badly just dont like the idea of needing them so much. I am sure you understand that one.
    Really, don't worry about getting dependent, etc.... You've got to be functional right now.

This is a bit odd but my sunglasses wont stay on my nose any longer. They dont rest on the bridge of my nose any more. The bridge is bigger.
    Pred can make your face swell in strange places. It could be sinus/nose involvement, too. Good thing to bring up with your doc.

Thank you all for the support , advise and warnings. I do need all of the above and thank you greatly.
    You're welcome! We all had to learn this stuff, too, so it's nice to be able to share it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12