Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Subglottic to bronchial

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Subglottic to bronchial

Hi everyone - anyone gone from having sub glottic stenosis to bronchial stenosis? If so did your symptoms differ slightly? I'm more breathless now talking and I can't clear my phlegm up as easily as before thanks x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm hoping that my subglotis stenosis has just worsened but I am having a lot more trouble coughing up or clearing my throat. I am more short of breath for sure. I just had pulm function tests done and they confirmed the stenosis is worse BUT I I'm hoping that some dilation will help out I have not had active disease in many years so I'm hopeful. I'm searching for a dr who can do treatment if you know of anyone lease let me know. I hope all the best for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted something similar to this and Bob referred me to a wonderful doctor at the Cleveland Clinic named Michael Machuzak. I had a stent put in due to scar tissue in my bronchial airway in Pittsburgh and it is now embedded. Dr. Machuzak is now in the process of taking out the metal stent.. BAD idea by the way.. and replacing it with a silicone one. The number I used to contact them is 1-216-444-8994 and ask for Howard. He will connect you to the doc. Please do not let them do any stent it only makes things worse. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much Velma. I have read a little about the stents not working well. I hope this dr helps you out tremendously. I have read several posts about Cleveland clinic and how great they are. Thanks again