Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Glenda in Australia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum Glenda. I'm wishing you all the best for finding good care. There are so many on here that can help you with various questions.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome, Glenda. Everyone above has given you great advice. I'm glad you found us, so you won't be so alone with this disease. I was so pleasantly surprised to find this forum at the first suggestion of WG, before I was officially diagnosed. That was 3.5 years ago and this forum has been a lifesaver for me both physically and mentally. I don't think there's any other way I'd have much of an understanding of this condition that I have and how it is treated. And I've made lots of new friends on top of that. I only wish the friendships could be under different circumstances. I hope you will will stick with us, and that you will get better soon.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenda, there is hope, but it is finding the right doctors!!! I really hope and pray you can find some.
    To answer your question about iron, I was anemic before but it got a lot worse after I was diagnosed. Right now my iron is at 4, I'm go in this Friday for my first iron infusion. The meds also play a big role in blood function. Last year, I had very major blood issue. I was losing blood like over night. I had to have 3 units of blood.
    Today is much better thanks to the meds and doctors! It's still not easy!! But I'm still here and I'm fighting. Once you find the right doctors, you will feel better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenda, Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to help you get answers. My WG caused anemia and made me very tired. It messes with a lot of things blood related. Currently I am low on potassium and I was low on phosphorus as well. I had 25% kidney function when first diagnosed, but after rituximab IV my kidneys came back to 50%. They probably wont get much better with the damage that has already been done, but I am grateful for 50%. I wish you the best. It sounds like the wggies in Australia are looking out for you. Good luck with finding the right Dr.

Karen
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glenda
    Welcome to our gang
    Hope your feeling better soon 👍

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Glenda and welcome!

My mom has an internal bleed and they did an EGD and Colonoscopy where they found a stomach ulcer and some surface blood vessels leaking blood in the colon. They fixed the blood vessels, but she still drops in her hemoglobin and needs procrit (a hormone that sends a message to the bone marrow to create more blood) because of the immune suppression and kidney function. Having a low ferritin is typical of iron deficiency anemia and could be an internal bleed.
    There are many places in the body where internal bleeding can be happening with vasculitis, so check with your drs regarding tests that can find the bleeders.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123