Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New from Chicago

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My impression is that most spouses and family members are very helpful and supportive and their involvement is important in helping a Weggie maintain their optimal health. Some spouses and family have trouble understanding and accepting the changes in life style that Wegs or any serious chronic illness brings to a person and the family and so they may withdraw or become over whelmed by it all and offer a lot non helpful advice. A few spouses bail because the change is more than they can handle. But most relationships seem to survive and thrive and become stronger as they learn together to cope with the chronic illness and changes in their life style. Some people have no family or close friends to help them with their illness and have to rely mainly on paid help or some assisted living situation for help with their care.

The above posts have a lot of good advice on how to help your spouse get involved at a level they can handle. Best wishes for happier and healthier living.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My doctor said it was very important to try to drink a lot of water in the six to eight hours after taking the cytoxin. And to never hold your bladder during that time.
    I take a sleeping pill every now and then. The doctors I work with said to take a sleep aid for three nights in a row and then stop and see if your natural rhythm takes over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate pred, but yet it has saved my life!! The high does will make everything so agitating!! When I'm in a high does, I cannot have the fan on in the bathroom. It's to annoying! And yet I have two children playing all day. 😊
    My stomach hurts almost all the time and I'm only on MTX. I'm taking zofran to help. I don't know if you can take that with CTX. Ask the doctor, oh and make sure you are on something to protect your stomach from the pred!
    I have been married for 5 years. I was sick before I met my husband. But I told him right up front what my life was like. That I was sick and that my medical bills or way out of this world. Since we have been married.. I have never been not sick and I have been in 5 comas, and had 8 surgeries. And he has been there for all but one surgery. He has had to carry my to the bathroom and help me sit on the toilet. After my lung surgery last year, I could not move walk. I could barely move, I also had a minor stroke during the surgery. So he had to do a lot for me!!! He is the only one that will ever understand how bad it was. Other than the doctors. I'm sorry for those who have had there husbands or wives leave them. It's hard to live with this disease

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Piggybutt welcome to the forum. Your symptoms are common. I got off my Cytoxan the past June I think it was though I never got down to 100 the lowest I ever made it was 125 and started at 200. So yeah the best advice I can give I have already seen echoed here several times. WATER WATER WATER throughout my 8 hour shift at work I was drinking 2-3 liters which would be the 8 hours following when I took the Cytoxan. I never stopped drinking thru the day but after that period it varied.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123