Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My latest Rtx treatment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaha View Post
    Thanks for asking, I have been feeling very poorly since my infusions. I don't know exactly why, could be all the toxins that have been put into my body. I have been having a lot of stomach issues, weakness, joint pain, leg pains,headaches and exhaustion. I haven't called the rheumy, because I am really sick of going to doctors.
    oh jana that really sucks.
    I know what you mean about having to go to so many drs when really sick.
    I couldn't take my mom to drs for months due to her being too sick.
    However, you could talk to the drs nurse to let them know what is going on and to see if there is something going on or med issue.
    I sure hope you start feeling better and am praying for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I think tomorrow, before the exhaustion hits I will try to call or email the rheumy. Sometimes it takes to much energy just to take care of yourself, let alone ride in a car four and half hours to the clinic. I hope your mother's condition is improving.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is your exhaustion partly from the Benedryl drip that goes along with the Rituxan Jana? I know I crash when they hit me with that in the IV.

Also, how much steroids are they giving you with the infusion? If they are giving you the entire 1000 MG as dictated by standard protocols, that might explain your crashing when that wears off. Invincible for a few days, then crash? That would be the boat load of steroids. My rheumy only has me down for 120 MG of IV steroids during my infusions.

Hope things go good for you next time!
    MikeG-2012

"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Christmas is just around the corner and I got the gift of another bout of shingles. I think I now know why I have not been up to par after the infusions. I am also tapering preds down to 13mgs now so that makes you feel like crap also. I'm kind of mad about the shingles, because I am planning on having Christmas this year for the whole family(around 30 people), with help from family members. I had to cancel last year because of a flare. This has been a tradition for about 14 years after my father passed away and we built an apartment on to our house for my mom. I hope to be feeling better after taking the anti-viral for a few days. We aren't having it until on the 27th and I will get plenty of help from my wonderful brothers, sisters and husband so things will turn out okay. I guess I'm just whining, shingles not only really hurt, but they also really, really suck.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Christmas is just around the corner and I got the gift of another bout of shingles. I think I now know why I have not been up to par after the infusions. I am also tapering preds down to 13mgs now so that makes you feel like crap also. I'm kind of mad about the shingles, because I am planning on having Christmas this year for the whole family(around 30 people), with help from family members. I had to cancel last year because of a flare. This has been a tradition for about 14 years after my father passed away and we built an apartment on to our house for my mom. I hope to be feeling better after taking the anti-viral for a few days. We aren't having it until on the 27th and I will get plenty of help from my wonderful brothers, sisters and husband so things will turn out okay. I guess I'm just whining, shingles not only really hurt, but they also really, really suck.
    Hi Jana,
    Here is a clinical case where 4gms vitamin C every 12 hrs reduced the pain in herpes
    Administration of Vitamin C in a Patient with Herpes Zoster - A case report -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jana,

Sorry to hear about the shingles. Hope the meds do the trick so you can enjoy Christmas with your family.
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the caring words and thanks mrtmeo for the suggestion, I'm going to try it.
    Jana

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys for the caring words and thanks mrtmeo for the suggestion, I'm going to try it.
    My mom got a couple outbreaks of herpes on the nerves in her chest and back.
    The vitamin C got rid of it both times within a few days.
    She was on Acyclovir the first outbreak and it did nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrtmeo View Post
    My mom got a couple outbreaks of herpes on the nerves in her chest and back.
    The vitamin C got rid of it both times within a few days.
    She was on Acyclovir the first outbreak and it did nothing.
    Before I was diagnosed and my WG was full blown I was getting herpes virus ulcers in my mouth all the time. Before one would clear up I would get two more. It was so painful. I started taking vitamin C as well and it cleared it up within a week. Highly recommend it.
    Karen; dx'ed April 2014

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123