Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default first post

I found it interesting to see Geoff"s first post, so I was inspired to find my first post. (click here).
    The first response was from ChrisTin@, which is interesting because her avatar is very close to a picture I took a while back. I guess we both like purple.

And, of course, Jack was next and Sangye followed soon after. All good people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was really interesting and at the same time a bit emotional which surprised me. Now I will look up my first post. Best to you.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can remember how I cried when I googled wg once I was dx. I thought I was surely going to die within a few months. The unknowing is so scary.Glad I found this forum
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me to. I was one of those who read the internet and found out I had less than 5 years to live. Since then I have learned to not take the internet at face value.

One thing I have learned is how to avoid scams. If you send me $5, I'll tell you how to spot a scam too. :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vdub View Post
    Me to. I was one of those who read the internet and found out I had less than 5 years to live. Since then I have learned to not take the internet at face value.

One thing I have learned is how to avoid scams. If you send me $5, I'll tell you how to spot a scam too. :-)
    You're a sick man, Dubby, even though you don't look it!! Lol
    Pete
    dx 1/11

"Every day is a good day. Some are better than others." - unknown

"Take your meds as directed and live your life as fully as you can." - Michael Chacey, MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember reading this and thinking - what else and where else can we get this stupid disease

I wasn't an official member back then because I didn't think I had much of any interest to tell or say to anyone

My husband convinced me to join in the December - and look at me now

This, therefore, is your official WELCOME, to the forum vdub
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This, therefore, is your official WELCOME, to the forum vdub
    Ah, thank you, Michelle! You are a huge and valuable contributor! I'm glad you joined. With people all over the world, the forum pretty much has someone on 24/7. Kind of neat in that regard.

I belong to several other forums on various subjects and they aren't nearly as nice as this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then our five years are almost up!
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    I can remember how I cried when I googled wg once I was dx. I thought I was surely going to die within a few months. The unknowing is so scary.Glad I found this forum
    OMG!! Me, too, Debra! All the while having to be "tough" for the kids so they wouldn't worry about their mom. My husband had it worst because while I was fighting in the hospital, he was the one originally on the computer. Freaked him out big time!
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found it interesting to see Geoff"s first post, so I was inspired to find my first post. (click here).
    The first response was from ChrisTin@, which is interesting because her avatar is very close to a picture I took a while back. I guess we both like purple.

And, of course, Jack was next and Sangye followed soon after. All good people.

Sangye????? I didn't know! Do you remember Al? I still miss him ... Sangye though?!
    KB -- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge". Bertrand Russell

Dx in September, 2011. Major involvement: kidneys and lungs. Medical implications: fungal pneumonia, drug-induced hepatitis, allergy to fungal meds, ear infections, sinusitis, gall bladder removal, vitreal detachment, and eye cellulitis. Medial meniscus removal (unrelated to WG). Medications: Rtx, Pred 5.0, Lisinopril, Chlorthalidone, Levothyroxin, Omeprazole.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast