Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cytoxin and cancer?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Donna . That is the best advice I have heard in a long time- "enjoy the day you have rather than the possible days you won't have". I have lost a lot of the life I would have had and the possible future I might have had. But I am loosing more by being stuck on that. I have to get over my grief of what this disease has done to me (even though it isn't finished with me yet) and not let it take away every second that I WILL have where I can live the way that is in reality possible.
    I like your short way of saying it better. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm with Gliders. I think all of the autoimmunity meds elevate the risk of getting cancer, and of course its awful. But worrying about getting all the side effects that are listed on the meds is a waste of time and energy. Of course its good to look out for symptoms, so if something happens you could be treated as early as possibly - but try not to stress about those things unless you get affected.
    Diagnosed 08/2013, Relapse 07/2014, Relapse 5/2017 (although early signs of it from 12/2016)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was on Cytoxan for 2 years and was immediately told about the cancer risk. However, when I was fist diagnosed I was laying in a hospital bed and looking pretty bad. I am glad to be on Rx now. But my view on it has still not changed. I honestly believe without the treatment I was not walking out of that hospital. That alone makes the treatment worth the risk for me. After rereading this I know it sounds grim but believe me it is not how I intend it. You just need to keep being positive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, be very careful with a flare up after pregnancy!! The WG actually gets better while pregnant because of all of the hormones that are created, but drop off after baby is born. So you can have a flare up! I had a flare up after my second one and I have not been able to get better since and she is now two.

Miracles do happen!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12