Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dentist visit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dentist visit

I went to the dentist yesterday to get a fitted for a crown and they also redid a filling I had. Well when they did the impression they put so much " goop " in my mouth that when they took it out they ripped the skinned off half off my bottom lip and on the inside. My lip is now so swollen ,I have to use a straw to drink out of and the inside of my mouth hurts. He prescribed me some antibiatics and this cream to put on my lip,but when I went to get the cream script filled it wasn't covered by my insurance and would cost $ 600.00. !!!!!!! So the pharmy sold me this paste to try. I am miserable.
    On top of that I went and had my flu shot a couple of days ago and I don't know if I am having effects from that but I am dizzy and nausious.
    I am just a mess, just thought I would share and see if anyone had an idea of what what be good to use on my lip. I tried vasiline the first night but when I googled it they said it needs to breath and that wasn't good.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deb,

I'm sorry that you had to go thru getting injured while trying to get your teeth fixed. That does sound painful, that dentist should have given you or paid for your medication, after all he did the damage. I can't think of anything other than aloevar gel. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ask the dentist for another alternative medicine you can afford to get or try appeal the denial by your insurance for the drug if it is the only thing that will help.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drz by the time the appeal went thru with the ins. my lip will be better ( hopefully ) I am also not taking the antibiatics either because I was so sick with c-diff before that I am scared too

Jana..is it safe to use aloe vera on your mouth,maybe I'll google that.....Thx. The bad thing is I was supposed to have another crown done yesterday but my mouth is so bad we put it off till next week

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like it's time for a new dentist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Debra C View Post
    Drz by the time the appeal went thru with the ins. my lip will be better ( hopefully ) I am also not taking the antibiatics either because I was so sick with c-diff before that I am scared too

Jana..is it safe to use aloe vera on your mouth,maybe I'll google that.....Thx. The bad thing is I was supposed to have another crown done yesterday but my mouth is so bad we put it off till next week
    I have had an appeal approved in one day bay phoning and having doctor fax info to insurance carrier. But they will usually have a cheaper alternative or second choice treatment too that maybe the pharmacy can recommend for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeanMarie View Post
    Sounds like it's time for a new dentist.
    I would certainly see another one for a consult and recommendation about your treatment. Some times dentists like other doctors assess your situation differently and another approach might be more acceptable to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually poke a hole in a vitamin E gel cap and put that on a mouth sore to help it heal faster and it heals from the inside out.

I once had a dentist pinch my lip causing a permanent scar and he still charged me the full price for the filling.
    He didn't give me anything for it, just an Oops, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's disgusting that the dentist isn't paying for the original prescription.
    I'm not the sort of person that is always looking for a way to make an insurance against a person/company, but would expect someone to be liable for any treatment costs due to THEIR actions.
    I'm not saying your dentist was being negligent, but he still has to take responsibility, even for honest mistakes.
    Diagnosed April 1995

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this was the first time I have ever seen this dentist. I am supposed to go back Tues. for my other crown and I am going to ask him to take some money off the cost or I will go to the dental clinic and have it done. There is still a blister in my mouth and that antibiotic really made me ill. I felt like I had the flu......thoughts of c-diff all over again. My stomach is still not right from it . I swear if its not one thing its another....but things could be worse. Thx everyone. I'll let you know what happens Tues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast