Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flare

Ok, I woke up this morning with a drainage down my throat. flipped over and boom blood every where. I got up freaked out because it was pouring out more than I have experienced yet. it was all over the bed, bathroom, and me. It lasted for half an hour. Called my rheumy and they of course were not open so they transferred me to the ER there. She told my mom that the ent here was out of town and we should go to the hospital my ent is at. Well, my ent is also out of town. So my husband talked to a doc on call he said to put affrin to stop the bleeding. We did and my nose is on fire. My head is pounding, gums killing me, and it hasn't let up. My joint pain has been coming back as well. Yesterday, I went on a walk in the woods and my back started throbbing and I was throwing up. I am now throwing up all the old blood from the drainage of my nose. My rheumy finally got back to me and told me to go to my ent if I could get in and I cant because he is out of town. So he told me to go to ER to get flushed out and get relief from face/head pain. I haven't had a flare like this in a very long time. my bloody nose was not the normal one I usually get. I normally don't get freaked out but I did. I am not at work right now which is stressing me even more because I always worry about work. BUT since I already used affrin I don't know if I want to go to ER they will probably put something up my nose to flush it out and its in some serious pain I couldn't handle anything up my nose right now again. Should I wait until iff I bleed again?! I am just asking for some advice from you all and what you normally do in your flare ups? I have them just not this bad. I also just got put on Imuran a few weeks ago but was immediately told to stop because I was vomiting every day and couldn't eat anything. So I just started mtx Saturday. HELP!?
    Faith.Hope.Love.
    Fighting Since 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry. Sounds tough. You need to see wg doc asap. Either through going to ER if possible or other way. You will prob need more meds. Maybe pred. Rtx. Bactrim. I also vommited from imuran. Only rtx helped me. The issue now is not only the nose but all of you, if I can say so. sending hugs & love.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my goodness Miranda.

I know you posted this a few hours ago so I hope that you have been to the ER by now and everything is back under some sort of control.

If you haven't been to the ER yet, then I think you should get there........surely there is more than one ENT in the place.

Best of wishes to you for a quick recovery
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were me ,I wouldn't even be writing on here..I would be at the er. I hope you are feeling better.
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miranda, this sounds terribly uncomfortable. I'm with the others--er now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I had reservations on going to the ER because my experiences there are never pleasant. None of them ever know what WG is and ALL my doctors are out of town. My husband and my mom both talked to two different ER's and they said they would do the same thing we were already doing. I don't know the ENT doctor they had there and I only trust my rheumy and my ENT. I was able to finally get some sleep with half a zanex my husband gave me (we asked if it would be ok) so I could get some sleep. Bleeding never came back and the headache finally went away last night. Today I still didn't get to work because my nose and mouth hurt. I am still not able to eat anything. I am getting in to see my rheumy Wednesday when he will be back. Thanks for the advice. I probably should have went but I don't like going especially if my doctors are not there. I had never experience that kind of flare. They are usually just some joint pain worse than most days and a little bit of blood that usually stops in minutes. This didn't stop until and hour. I keep describing it as a scene from a horror movie. I am hoping it will get better once the methotrexate gets in my system. Since I have been in the middle of switching meds up. Rheumy is also getting my insurance to approve a second treatment of RTX. Thanks again everyone. Much love.
    Faith.Hope.Love.
    Fighting Since 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miranda, you just started MTX and any nausea may be exacerbated by that. And you are right, it hasn't had any time to work. If I were you I would increase my prednisone dose and see if that helps. If you are on 10mg., for example, I would take at least 15mg. I don't know if most docs like us doing this, but sometimes we have to, and if they are out of town, they are unavailable for advice. I'm with you on hesitating to go to the ER, as they don't know much, charge too much for what they do, etc.; however, if you continue to have extreme symptoms, I would go, with the idea of getting admitted and seen by someone who knows something. It sounds like the symptoms have abated some, so I'd probably not go and wait for your docs to get back into town. I'm glad to hear you have another round of RTX coming up in addition to the MTX. It sounds like this happened at an awkward time and you can deal with it. I hope things have further settled down since your last post. And FYI, MTX has worked well for me since getting off CTX, just a couple minor flares that were easily subdued with adjustments in either the MTX or the pred or both. I have not needed RTX so far and would like to avoid it as long as I can.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011