Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time for Dentures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Time for Dentures?

Does anyone have problems with their teeth getting loose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked the same question to my dentist on Wednesday.

He said that they are not getting loose, it just feels like it.
    He said that it could be a number of reasons with the main one being inflammation and another being a mouth breather (especially whilst asleep) and not breathing through your nose.
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teeth not loose : but really bad bleeding sore gums :-((((
    My Wegners Doc said it was mouth involvement ( and I do mouth breath although getting slowly less so )
    😁

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My teeth are just plain falling apart. I have sore gums and my teeth are breaking. I wish you all the best in getting some relief Dorothea, that's a tough decision to have to make.
    Jana

Do not fear anything, just do it afraid!
    It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went thru the loss/destruction of my teeth. My teeth weren't great, but the pred hastened their demise. I made the decision in January of this year to go to false teeth. Felt a lot better almost immediately w/o anything being done but removal. I considered implants, dentist tried to sell them to me, I went with the false teeth as I have major nasal damage and didn't want the risk of a screw breaking thru the walls for an infection. Dentist agreed...I'm not sure he knew what to do with me. It's turned out to be a longer process than I assumed, but it's been essentially worth it. Best to you.
    Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who only know what to think. -NdT

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had to have one loose one pulled and several more capped as they just disintegrate from combination of GERD, diabetes, dry mouth, pred, and problems absorbing calcium due to Wegs, meds, and diabetes. Mouth sores are very common too with Wegs so extreme dental care is necessary with lot of brushing, flossing, and frequent dental cleanings to reduce the serious problems.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dentist said pred causes changes to saliva. He has me coming in every 3months for a cleaning--so far so good. Although I did have an abscess & lost that tooth this year. But a really good dentist can do a lot to save teeth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow! I know that WG CNA cause teeth problems but I didn't know it could be this bad. I have bleeding gums sometimes and there are times my teeth feel loose, I have not been to the dentist for about 6 years. I guess I better set up an appointment! Thanks everyone