Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish i felt better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wish i felt better

I don't know how I am doing anymore. I still have small amount of blood from nose. The ENT has no idea why. He tells me he knows what GPA looks like. I still have the left node in lung which has gotten smaller but not gone. I am so tired all the time and legs are just so achy this week.The Drs think you are on meds so you are ok. I disagree I feel yucky. This disease is so hard to deal with and diagnose. It is a very rotten stupid disease .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleeding from nose, especially during nasal rinses, can be one of the residual effects of Weg damage even when the labs and other indicators suggest you are basically in drug induced remission. This was a hard concept for me to get my head around too but what they mean I think is the Wegs is mostly under control so you don't need any different or additional treatment. If things are NOT getting worse, then you must be getting better. Most of us probably have some residual effects from damage caused by the Wegs. And these symptoms can wax and wane for various reasons. Infections, illness, and stress tend to cause them to worsen. Lots of nasal rinsing and keeping adequate humidity can help reduce nasal bleeding.

The lucky ones who seem to recover 100% from their Weg symptoms aren't as likely to feel the need to use this forum as the rest of us. Fatigue and mild pain are also very common residual effects from Weg damage, especially if kidneys, lungs, and sinuses were also affected. Most people get substantial improvement from treatment for Wegs but that does not mean a 100% recovery to a state of health pre-Wegs and the recovery period can take several months or longer.

How long since your diagnosis and start of treatment? How long since your doctors said you were in remission? Some of our meds we need to take can also cause aches and pains and fatigue and other symptoms too.
    Knowledge is power! Wisdom is using it to make good decisions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keegan, it is a diease that is totally not fun. There are days I am feeling ok, Then there's nights I can't sleep, once in a while you feel ok but not up to par. Once you get on the right doses of meds for WG it's not as bad. I have better days then when I first started out. What really stinks is that I get this under control somewhat and I just had emergency surgery on another body part. Just keep POSSITVE it's hard, but really what choice we have.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Keegan,
    If you are in remission and waiting to heal from the damage, fatigue and weakness can last a long time.
    Otherwise, it is the disease or the damage done from the treatments and the body needs time to heal.
    Prednisone causes more damage than the other drugs and leaves us feeling too exhausted to do anything.

It takes our adrenals time to come back online after lowering or discontinuing prednisone.
    Have you had a 25 hydroxy D test done to see if your D levels are within the optimum range of 60-80 ng/mL?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think I am in remission yet I cannot take pred due to diabetes so just on MTX. Also dealing with psorasis and arthritis associated with that. The Drs. don't really explain the disease well at all. I thought once on meds I would feel good again but that is mot happening. The worse part is family not getting it at all. I have been on meds for 6 months was hoping to come off of them. But ...again not happening. I guess I just get the whole thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keegan55 View Post
    I dont think I am in remission yet I cannot take pred due to diabetes so just on MTX. Also dealing with psorasis and arthritis associated with that. The Drs. don't really explain the disease well at all. I thought once on meds I would feel good again but that is mot happening. The worse part is family not getting it at all. I have been on meds for 6 months was hoping to come off of them. But ...again not happening. I guess I just get the whole thing
    Have u had rituximab?
    That is used for RA if that is the arthritis you have.
    I have several friends that got their vitamin D levels up and their psoriasis went away.
    If their D levels get low, it comes back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have psoriatic arthritis and have been on Enbrel, humira ,remicade and again on enbrel on the last drug got the GPA the MTX can help both conditions. I was doing the light box but I dont want to go to dr office 3x a week too many germs. I did not realize the residual effect of this disease. The biopsy report was interesting they said something about enbrel could have a part in in the developement of GPA. they also think it is so unusual to have 2 autoimmune diseases. I guess I ned to find more reading on GPA I really thought once it was under tresyment i would be great

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I felt better too. I did for awhile, ... I wish I did again.
    Officially Diagnosed 07/31/2013

My blog: http://nikkinicolealison.com

"It's no use going back to yesterday because I was a different person then" - Alice in Wonderland

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't give up... It took me 4 years to start feeling better and even now I have a bad day or 2 every couple of weeks. If you look at my sig line I have both GPA and pa, too. Of the two, I think the pa is the worst, but its really difficult to tell the pain from one disease to the other.

I'm surprised you can't take pred. If drz doesn't see this thread, then pm him. I think he takes pred and is diabetic.

One of the pain pills that really helped me is gabapendin. I take 100mg of gaba 3xday and 2 50mg tramadol 3xday. If I have a bad day I'll swap the tramadol for hydrocodone.
    Last edited by vdub; 10-20-2014 at 06:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I take pred sugar hits 300 plus .I am also very overweight long years of pred for the arthritis I save the pred for thd shots to the joints...did u take enbrel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast