Quote Originally Posted by daystarr8 View Post
Always glad to here good news with WG. I need to find the best doctors to address my subglotic stenosis. I'm going to travel to the best. I will be needing dilation. Any names of doctors who do this and do it routinely would be helpful. I have read a lot of good posts about Cleveland clinic I just saw local pulmonologist and his advice was to find the best. Any advice would be great! Thanks
daystarr8: Dr Robert Lebovics specializes in ENT surgery for vasculitis patients. He's in New York City and several members on this forum are his patients. He has been operating on WG patients for many years, is a really nice person, and on the board of the vasculitis foundation as well.

I heard him speak at a workshop last month about tracheal stenosis surgery. He's also involved in fascinating research on constructing new trachea using a 3D scan of the patients trachea, printing an identical copy on a 3D printer, seeding that with the patients stem cells and doing a transplant. Sounds like science fiction? Won't be tried in humans anytime soon, but he and his colleague showed pictures of pigs in whom these techniques have been tested. The little piggy with a constricted trachea went from 50 lbs to 185lbs within a few weeks of the transplant.

That aside, all the best to you.